http://www.itv.com/news/calendar/update ... ampaigner/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
A woman from Chesterfield who campaigned to get scam mail banned following the death of her mother, has been awarded an OBE.
Marilyn Baldwin meets Prince Charles
Marilyn Baldwin was invited to Buckingham Palace to receive the honour. Her mother Jessica was conned out of £50,000 by fraudsters who contacted her through the post.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Royal honour for scam mail campaigner
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72738
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Royal honour for scam mail campaigner
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
bustedflush
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1493
- Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Royal honour for scam mail campaigner
Yes, and good on her! She was on Crimewatch UK the other night, and her ma got 34,000 letters in 5 years, that's an average of 23 a day for the 6 days of delivery. What I must ask is why her postie wasn't reporting them - I have seen 2 or 3 houses on my various rounds worked that habitually get targeted by this crapola, and I always ask the partner whose round it is the score. I'd have stopped delivering them or told the DOM that I refuse to deliver them as I believe the recipient to be vulnerable and it needs investigating i.e. ask permission to selectively deliver 'normal' mail and not the obvious scam stuff. Surely RM has a responsibility to not assist these scam offenders?
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72738
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Royal honour for scam mail campaigner
bustedflush wrote:Yes, and good on her! She was on Crimewatch UK the other night, and her ma got 34,000 letters in 5 years, that's an average of 23 a day for the 6 days of delivery. What I must ask is why her postie wasn't reporting them - I have seen 2 or 3 houses on my various rounds worked that habitually get targeted by this crapola, and I always ask the partner whose round it is the score. I'd have stopped delivering them or told the DOM that I refuse to deliver them as I believe the recipient to be vulnerable and it needs investigating i.e. ask permission to selectively deliver 'normal' mail and not the obvious scam stuff. Surely RM has a responsibility to not assist these scam offenders?
She was a regular on here a few years ago and we were not only delivering them, Royal Mail actually owned 33% of the Company that allowed them to go through their system. http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... ca#p402791" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Lasy Year Royal Mail released information on wha to do with Scam Mail http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... al#p559055" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;Worrying for some critics is the "local look" service offered by Spring Global and Royal Mail whereby letters from abroad bear the Royal Mail postmark and have no trace of their overseas origins.
The also got rid of their share in Spring Global http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... al#p555244" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;Reporting Scam Mail
If you are approached by a customer who has received scam mail you can report the details to the Security Helpdesk on 020 7239 6655.
Members of the public can raise their concerns in the following ways as detailed at http://www.royalmail.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
• 08456 113 413,
•email to scam.mail@royalmail.com
•PO Box 797, EXETER, EX1 9UN
So to be fair to Marilyn she had quite an impact.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
JaneM
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 91
- Joined: 20 Jun 2010, 19:26
- Gender: Female
Re: Royal honour for scam mail campaigner
I took great pleasure in killing off hundreds of these scam mailings whilst on deliveries,always targeted at the elderly and vulnerable,well done Marilyn!