I don't mind signing that I've read dozens of pages of the Drivers Manual or anything else but it's wrong for us to have to sign that we have read AND UNDERSTAND it.sgt,rock wrote:Quite agree, I haven't read it and am not prepared to sign anything to say I have, that is my point. I'm quite looking forward to the have your say thing, we are forced into the canteen to fill it in, I am planning on sitting there as long as possible giving every answer lots of consideration.Postie45 wrote:your working hours are time to read it. Refuse to sign it unless you are given duty time to read and understand it, if that means cutting off and bringing more mail back then so be it. It would be foolish to sign for something you havent read.sgt,rock wrote:I've been given a drivers manual and a form to sign to say I have read it. I don't have time to read it, rarely complete my duty let alone read a book and I'm not reading it in my time.
Even if we had understood it all at the time of reading, which is unlikely, there's practically no chance that we've remembered and still understand it several months later.