ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
door to doors
-
PleasedButSticky
- Posts: 51
- Joined: 04 Feb 2014, 11:25
- Gender: Male
Re: door to doors
For what I get paid for D2Ds, and taking into account the time they cost me, and factoring in the resistance of management to pay overtime, I'd gladly wave goodbye to delivering them and lose the money.
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16726
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Re: door to doors
You get paid more than £10/hr - same as you do for council tax bills, TV license reminders, birthday cards etc etc.PleasedButSticky wrote:For what I get paid for D2Ds
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
jaybee1618
- Posts: 13
- Joined: 05 Jun 2013, 15:02
- Gender: Male
Re: door to doors
why oh why don't rm put the d2ds in one feckin envelope then it wouldn't matter how many

-
new2me
- Posts: 104
- Joined: 21 Nov 2013, 06:36
- Gender: Male
Re: door to doors
I think it's been pointed out beforejaybee1618 wrote:why oh why don't rm put the d2ds in one feckin envelope then it wouldn't matter how many![]()
a) Not cost effective
b) Too easy for the customer to bin without looking at them
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72767
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: door to doors
PleasedButSticky wrote:For what I get paid for D2Ds, and taking into account the time they cost me, and factoring in the resistance of management to pay overtime, I'd gladly wave goodbye to delivering them and lose the money.
If they removed D2Ds completely and in perpetuity the only way you would lose any money was if you were one of those that lost their jobs because there wasn't enough work to employ the current headcount.
We DON'T get paid separately for delivering D2Ds any-more, so if they did disappear then we would still be paid the Delivery Supplement.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
hampshireman
- Posts: 792
- Joined: 18 Dec 2009, 15:17
- Gender: Male
Re: door to doors
Love this post...clashcityrocker wrote:I agree entirely with the last post.
I believe we should only deliver letters if the paper is made from trees that have been blown down or grown old gracefully and died on organic certified soil.
No bleaches should be used in the production of the paper.
-
robinvn
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 18
- Joined: 11 Mar 2010, 15:24
- Gender: Male
Re: door to doors
I don't work for RM now, after taking IHR after 35 years but I used to like D2D's. With so many lazy people in our office, I used to cover theirs and was doing 5 extra a week. That was before they brought in the single payment for them and used to be a nice earner, have to say. Even had Line managers asking me to do other walks! There is still a colleague of mine there who I know used to dump all his D2D's every week and as far as I know, still does. How he has got away with it all these years is beyond me. 
-
dave72
- Posts: 415
- Joined: 30 Nov 2010, 14:54
- Gender: Male
Re: door to doors
Some are a complete waste of time and just piss you off delivering them. A leaflet offering gardening services to 12 blocks of flats and terraced houses with a stone yard 