Liversedge postie Sean Thompson hopes to deliver in London Marathon
http://www.examiner.co.uk/news/local-ne ... es-6800340" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
A marathon-running postman from Liversedge will be pounding the streets of London hoping to deliver a personal best.
Postie Sean Thompson, 47, is training hard for his first ever marathon, which he is running for Mirfield’s Hollybank Trust where his partner Jan Woodhead works.
Sean began running at school where he won a handful of medals and awards.
He re-discovered his love of running with the Bingley Harriers four years ago and since then has entered a variety of organised races.
Two years ago Sean tried the Liversedge Half Marathon, a tough hilly challenge which he completed in one hour, 26 minutes and 55 seconds.
He hopes to complete the London Marathon in April inside three and a half hours.
Sean said: “I’m really looking forward to the experience of running my first marathon, soaking up the atmosphere and seeing the various landmarks as I pass by.
“I hope I don’t hit the wall at the 20-mile stage though but I am excited about crossing the finishing line with my family cheering me on.”
Sean’s two sons Adam, 14, and William, 11, will be travelling to London with Sean and Jan to support him.
Adam is also literally following in his father’s footsteps with Bingley Harriers.
Sean’s training regime sees him running four or five times a week in addition to the 10 miles he walks on his delivery rounds in Bingley where he used to live.
Jan, who is a human resources administrator at Hollybank Trust, said: “We are all so proud of Sean. He trains very hard and really wants to do his best in London.”
To sponsor Sean go to his Just Giving page http://www.justgiving.com/Sean-Thompson3" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Liversedge postie Sean Thompson hopes to deliver in London M
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72738
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Liversedge postie Sean Thompson hopes to deliver in London M
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.