ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Postie to swap uniform for pink to raise money ...

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
BettySwollocks
Posts: 346
Joined: 01 Oct 2007, 16:12

Postie to swap uniform for pink to raise money ...

Post by BettySwollocks »

Top man !

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... er-6765858" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:Applause

Postie to swap uniform for pink to raise money for cancer-battling sister


Father-of-two Graham Sutcliffe will be dressed from head to toe in pink on his round in honour of his sister Caroline who has breast cancer

Image
Postie Graham Sutcliffe with his sister Caroline Parker

A postman is preparing to swap his uniform for an unusual look to raise funds and awareness for his cancer-battler sister.

Graham Sutcliffe will be in the pink when he completes his round in Eccles in a garish outfit.

The father of two will be dressed from head to toe in pink on Wednesday in honour of his sister Caroline Parker who has stage four breast cancer.

He’ll be donning pink leg warmers, a tutu and a pink bodystocking for his round from 9am.

Graham, who has also shaved his head in honour of his sister who is undergoing chemotherapy, will be collecting donations along the way.

Graham, who delivers in Trafford Road, Ellesmere Street, Cawdor Street, Lewis Street and Mellor Street, is dressing up to help give Caroline a boost.

This year the 42-year-old former carer wants to renew her wedding vows to Wayne, her husband of 25 years, and go on holiday with her family.

He also wants to raise awareness because their father Graham senior died five years ago after battling cancer.

He said: “I have put posters up around Eccles so that people are aware of what I am doing.I have told people Caroline’s story and they have been in tears.

“Compared to what she is going through shaving my head and dressing up in pink is nothing.”
Postman Graham Sutcliffe

Caroline, who has four children and three grandchildren, was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2006 after discovering a lump under her right breast.

Just after Christmas last year she was devastated to be told that the cancer had returned on her left side and that it had spread to her bones,

spine and liver.

She said: “I want to renew our vows because we have been married for 25 years and it will keep my mind focused on something nice.

“My brother is my rock and at the moment he’s also acting like my personal assistant. He is also helping me to organise the wedding.

“I cried all the way through my first wedding because it was lovely and I hope that this one will be just as enjoyable.

“After my treatment is finished I also want to go on a nice break with my family.”

Graham is thrilled with the support he has received for the challenge from his bosses at Royal Mail.

He added: “I am normally quite reserved and quiet at work but when I asked them they were amazing from the start.”