Had the meeting. My contract was due to run out in July, it is now finishing on the 30th March. The same goes for at least 6 other people who were taken on at the same time as me. It's my first "proper" contract with them, but I've been there for years as a casual.
Had the meeting. My contract was due to run out in July, it is now finishing on the 30th March. The same goes for at least 6 other people who were taken on at the same time as me. It's my first "proper" contract with them, but I've been there for years as a casual.
bustedflush wrote:Sorry to hear that. No doubt as soon as you go, they will be desperately short again.
My second 6-month contract ran out weeks ago, I am still working and on the duty list each week and still being paid....despite being out of contract.
Apparently a chap according to our rep, has been out of contract for 18 months and is still here!
Really? Incredible! They're struggling enough as it is while we're still there. I know 8 of us are going, but it might be more. Can't wait to hear about the fallout when we're gone.
Really? Incredible! They're struggling enough as it is while we're still there. I know 8 of us are going, but it might be more. Can't wait to hear about the fallout when we're gone.
Yes, it's down to the DOM ultimately. The old DOM had it done properly on the system, not now it seems! - whatever contract you're on, RM will keep paying you until the DOM tells them otherwise, even if it has expired. It's down to the DOM to tell HR he wants you issued with a new contract and whatever period or if you're terminated.
I thought it was the head office that decides whether your contract is renewed? When a couple of lads were laid off in our office the DOM went up to one of them and apologised and said he had no idea and that it was out of his hands.
I didn't know it had to be head office who decided? We've just been told that our contracts are being cancelled to save money and because it's quiet. Which is bull, because it's always very busy and very under-staffed.
Barbel wrote:I thought it was the head office that decides whether your contract is renewed? When a couple of lads were laid off in our office the DOM went up to one of them and apologised and said he had no idea and that it was out of his hands.
Yeah, so no one kick off at him.
The DOM has full authority in this area.
Though on occasion, he/she can/may be overidden/given instructions from their boss, which may be where the decision came from.
Barbel wrote:I thought it was the head office that decides whether your contract is renewed? When a couple of lads were laid off in our office the DOM went up to one of them and apologised and said he had no idea and that it was out of his hands.
Yeah, so no one kick off at him.
The DOM has full authority in this area.
Though on occasion, he/she can/may be overidden/given instructions from their boss, which may be where the decision came from.
Ahh right, I'm presuming then the ones they got rid of they must have thought were usless as people started after then but had their contracts renewed.
waveydavy wrote:They probably got rid of us because we're easy targets and we're unlikely to kick off about it. Although, it's tempting. None of us are useless.
Sorry if that sounded insensitive of me and I'm not saying you're useless, it just seems weird how they got rid of people who started a month before me when surely you'd have thought last in first out. A few people had mentioned that they may not have been up to the job or had bad time keeping and that is why they got rid of the people they did.
page 2 onwards explains the procedure. make sure this is followed. it points out that alternate work may be offered if available. i know my DO needs more staff!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.