ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
how would you improve being a postman?
-
Caniel
- Posts: 623
- Joined: 03 Jul 2009, 18:25
- Gender: Female
- Location: The Batcave
Re: how would you improve being a postman?
I would change the grey surcharge cards so that they are not the same shape or size as the p739 form left cards. I've lot count of the amount of times a customer has run out the door after me complaining I didn't knock their door while flapping the grey card at me. I honestly believe that surcharge cards are the main cause for all the complaints RM get about us not knocking the door and leaving a card. They need to be replaced with a letter in an envelope or something like our paysilps where you open it by tearing off the perforated edges.
-
UnhappyGremlin
- Posts: 2685
- Joined: 18 May 2012, 20:49
- Gender: Male
- Location: Hiding
Re: how would you improve being a postman?
In fairness, they are a different colour.Caniel wrote:I would change the grey surcharge cards so that they are not the same shape or size as the p739 form left cards. I've lot count of the amount of times a customer has run out the door after me complaining I didn't knock their door while flapping the grey card at me. I honestly believe that surcharge cards are the main cause for all the complaints RM get about us not knocking the door and leaving a card. They need to be replaced with a letter in an envelope or something like our paysilps where you open it by tearing off the perforated edges.
If an idiot customer (of which there are many, granted) can't tell the difference, that's their problem.
Our biggest issue, if what you propose is the biggest cause of complaints is true, would be the cluelessness of our customer services.
Surely it wouldn't be beyond them to ask what colour the card is?
Sometimes, I wish I wasn't a Rep.