http://www.burnleyexpress.net/news/lett ... -1-6459625" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
On the 19th November 2012, I had my Royal Mail van stolen from a Burnley street.
I made the mistake of leaving the keys in the ignition. An opportunist thief stole the van and I was subsequently sacked from my job after 19 years unblemished service.
What annoys me is the fact I finally got the information from the police recently about the thief who stole the van. I was told the man in question was on remand for house burglary and also admitted stealing the van. The sentence he received for both offences was 12 months imprisonment.
Personally I think it is disgusting to get such a lenient sentence and be released after nine months. I made a mistake and hold my hands up to that but I feel my punishment outweighs his and I’m supposed to be the victim.
I have lost my livelihood, had to declare myself bankrupt and lost my home as I cannot afford the mortgage. I honestly believe justice has not been done.
Alan Clarkson
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Post van theft: justice has not been done
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72738
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Post van theft: justice has not been done
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
UnhappyGremlin
- Posts: 2685
- Joined: 18 May 2012, 20:49
- Gender: Male
- Location: Hiding
Re: Post van theft: justice has not been done
This will hopefully serve as a warning to all the rest of RM's employees.
DO NOT leave the keys in the ignition/engine running.
There will be but one outcome.
DO NOT leave the keys in the ignition/engine running.
There will be but one outcome.
Sometimes, I wish I wasn't a Rep.
-
NWpostie
- Posts: 3620
- Joined: 04 Aug 2007, 17:32
- Gender: Male
- Location: Sector 001 Borg Collective, 6 o f 9
Re: Post van theft: justice has not been done
Especially when they are now looking at downsizing staff numbers. don't give them any excuse, its your home and family that hinges on it.
Six of Nine loves Seven of Nine, together in Electric Dreams.