Then you are buggered.
You are not willing to claim the cost of using your mobile, which you can do. A reasonable position to take.
You are not willing to give him your number - quite understandable on its own.
He can ask you anything within reason, but he cannot insist that you use your own phone. However, at some point someone has make a contact plan between you and the manager. Perhaps you could suggest a driver/manager meet you on delivery at a certain point or time to assess the situation.
Although to be frank I would have to point out that the manager probably won't take kindly to that, and you'll probably been on their radar.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Cutting Off
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72767
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Cutting Off
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
IcanthelpthewayIam
- Posts: 4067
- Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
- Gender: Male
Re: Cutting Off
Why not use the PDA to allow you to call office or office to call you?
-
tiggle
- Posts: 135
- Joined: 19 Feb 2010, 20:44
- Gender: Female
Re: Cutting Off
Silly Sarah wrote:No I won't do that. I'm not giving my dom my mobile number. It's personal and private and I won't be pestered by him whenever he feels like it.eastie wrote:tel him you will not use your mobile and get him to ring you about an hour before you finish and you will tell him if you are cutting off or notSilly Sarah wrote:I'm p/t and my dom keeps putting me on f/t rounds which nearly always puts me over my time. Normally I complete and claim o/t. If I want to cut off he insists I take everything and phone him an hour before my duty end time. Why should I have to use my personal phone for business use? I don't want to have to claim back phone charges. It's not provided by RM so I won't use it. Can he insist I phone him? What is the correct procedure?
I think its better to sort things out before you leave.say you won't have time to complete and tell him what you will need to leave to allow this.if he tells you to take everything out,tell him you will bring back anything you haven.t time to deliver.get the rep to witness his response and as far as I remember he has to record it in writing,we're all led to believe if you take it out you haveto deliver it or else its wilful delay.
-
UnhappyGremlin
- Posts: 2685
- Joined: 18 May 2012, 20:49
- Gender: Male
- Location: Hiding
Re: Cutting Off
Trouble is, most managers won't allow that. They'll just say you can't know how much you can get done, so take it all out and ring.tiggle wrote:Silly Sarah wrote:No I won't do that. I'm not giving my dom my mobile number. It's personal and private and I won't be pestered by him whenever he feels like it.eastie wrote:tel him you will not use your mobile and get him to ring you about an hour before you finish and you will tell him if you are cutting off or notSilly Sarah wrote:I'm p/t and my dom keeps putting me on f/t rounds which nearly always puts me over my time. Normally I complete and claim o/t. If I want to cut off he insists I take everything and phone him an hour before my duty end time. Why should I have to use my personal phone for business use? I don't want to have to claim back phone charges. It's not provided by RM so I won't use it. Can he insist I phone him? What is the correct procedure?
I think its better to sort things out before you leave.say you won't have time to complete and tell him what you will need to leave to allow this.if he tells you to take everything out,tell him you will bring back anything you haven.t time to deliver.get the rep to witness his response and as far as I remember he has to record it in writing,we're all led to believe if you take it out you haveto deliver it or else its wilful delay.
I also refuse to use my phone. I pay for it.
If RM want me to ring them, they can provide the means to do so, but they don't/won't.
And, it is my view that they tell us to take everything out and ring them for one reason. So they can just bully you into completing.
Sometimes, I wish I wasn't a Rep.
-
datasaint
- Posts: 1541
- Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 17:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Cutting Off
My DOM rings me at 6:30am to come in for O/T but then I need the hours . :)
You could always set your phone to block calls from their number within certain hours if it bothers you.
You could always set your phone to block calls from their number within certain hours if it bothers you.