ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

First class service from postie Sean

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72738
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

First class service from postie Sean

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Post targets are met in DE area - so do you rate the Royal Mail?

http://www.spenboroughguardian.co.uk/ne ... -1-6455013" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

A Liversedge postman will be pounding the streets of London hoping to deliver a personal best instead of delivering letters and parcels.

Postie Sean Thompson is training for his first ever marathon event, which he is running for Hollybank where his partner Jan Woodhead works.

Sean, 47, began running at school where he won a handful of medals and awards. He re-discovered his love of running with the Bingley Harriers four years ago.

Two years ago he tried the Liversedge Half Marathon which he completed in one hour 26 minutes and 55 seconds. He hopes to achieve the London Marathon in April within three and a half hours.

Sean said: “I’m really looking forward to the experience of running my first marathon, soaking up the atmosphere and seeing the various landmarks as I pass.

“I hope I don’t hit the wall at the 20 mile stage though, but I am excited about crossing the finishing line with my family cheering me on.”

Sean’s two sons Adam, 14, and William, 11, will be travelling to London to support him, along with Jan.

In March, Sean will take on the 20 mile Spen race to prepare him for the big day.

Jan, HR administrator at Hollybank Trust, said: “We are all so proud of Sean, he trains very hard and really wants to do his best in London.

“He is keen to raise money for Hollybank for specialist equipment to improve the lives of the profoundly disabled children and adults we look after.”

To sponsor Sean, go to his Just Giving page http://www.justgiving.com/Sean-Thompson3" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.