ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

1 days pay next week !!!

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Wadey
Posts: 21
Joined: 09 Oct 2007, 16:36
Location: On the picket line

Post by Wadey »

I've just called wages and they're claiming back the one or two days from last weeks pay for Friday and Saturday, plus Monday and Tuesday from this week if your office have informed them in time for the payroll program to run on Tuesday.

So thats cleared that up then...
dean41
Posts: 73
Joined: 22 May 2007, 21:41

Post by dean41 »

DOES,NT BOTHER ME ONE LITTLE BIT. OUR ACTIONS ARE RIGHTEOUS AND ABOVE ALL LEGAL. DON,T LET THE B...ARDS GOAD YOU INTO UNOFFICAL ACTION. STAY STRONG BROTHERS AND SISTERS.
Junior
Posts: 19
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 22:16

Post by Junior »

I'm not a legal expert, but as I worked four days last week (Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu), I should be paid for four days. If I am not paid for the four days I worked, there must surely be some legal action I can undertake, as they will have under-paid me. At the very least, we will all be able to sue Royal Mail for stress, any charges incurred and probably many other things.

I'm pretty sure, though, that companies pay their wages, they have to pay the wages for that particular week/month and nothing else. There's a reason for a tax period on our wage slips and I'm sure that is partly why it's there...