Boris calls Clerkenwell residents ‘bourgeois nimbys’ in row over Royal Mail site
http://www.islingtongazette.co.uk/news/ ... _1_3341891" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Boris Johnson labelled Clerkenwell residents “bourgeois nimbys” when asked to answer for his decision to call in the Mount Pleasant development.
The Mayor of London was speaking at a meeting of Assembly members on Friday (February 14) after Islington representative Jeanette Arnold accused him of being undemocratic.
He will have the final say on the plans to build 1,700 new homes at the site in Farringdon Road after Royal Mail Group (RMG) asked him to intervene.
He said: “Can I just say I think it’s unbelievable that members try to attack our record in delivering more homes in London and then join the ranks of bourgeois nimbys trying to stop good developments from going ahead.”
The Mount Pleasant Forum wrote: “Anyone that knows Mount Pleasant knows it is anything but bourgeois, though if the RMG are allowed to get their way with 88 per cent private luxury dwellings it will certainly push the demographics in that direction.”
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Boris calls Clerkenwell residents 'bourgeois nimbys' in row
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72738
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Boris calls Clerkenwell residents 'bourgeois nimbys' in row
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.