ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Suspension Rights

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
tyl
Posts: 32
Joined: 26 May 2007, 17:58

Re: Suspension Rights

Post by tyl »

Jack. What does it say on the paperwork? What are you charged with?

You should know that the cwu doesnt usually represent new members on conduct matters retrospectively.
But as suggested, it is worth joining the cwu anyway even if its to get some advice on preparation of your case 'off the record' if the local rep cant represent you directly. And if you should get through the conduct, being in the cwu is a VERY GOOD idea.
hantsman
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 876
Joined: 14 Jul 2009, 09:33
Gender: Male

Re: Suspension Rights

Post by hantsman »

thebiggestman wrote:
Jack113 wrote:erm.. if you read the beginning of the thread properly, you would see that i locked all the undelivered mail securely inside the drivers room because the main depot was completely locked up for the day and no staff were there to tell. I had been given no information during training about who to contact in a situation like this and first thing the following morning i explained to the assistant manager exactly what had happened...altho the manager claims that he was not given this information by the assistant manager that day.
Son stop trying to convince yourself that you are telling the whole story and stop thanking the divs on here for their poor advice. You are looking down the barrel of dismissal and are probably on probation so will be easy to dismiss. Tell the truth and I will personally travel anywhere at my own expense and represent you, because f**k the get out of jail card you are being sold on here you need the help of a very experienced rep, that's why joining the Union the day you start is so important

Not sure if you have ever been in delivery "the biggestman" but you seriously need to give yourself a good talking to. Your knowledge is abysmal regarding RM procedures and how most managers actually behave. :cuppa
hantsman
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 876
Joined: 14 Jul 2009, 09:33
Gender: Male

Re: Suspension Rights

Post by hantsman »

Theghost wrote:
thebiggestman wrote:
Jack113 wrote:erm.. if you read the beginning of the thread properly, you would see that i locked all the undelivered mail securely inside the drivers room because the main depot was completely locked up for the day and no staff were there to tell. I had been given no information during training about who to contact in a situation like this and first thing the following morning i explained to the assistant manager exactly what had happened...altho the manager claims that he was not given this information by the assistant manager that day.
Son stop trying to convince yourself that you are telling the whole story and stop thanking the divs on here for their poor advice. You are looking down the barrel of dismissal and are probably on probation so will be easy to dismiss. Tell the truth and I will personally travel anywhere at my own expense and represent you, because f**k the get out of jail card you are being sold on here you need the help of a very experienced rep, that's why joining the Union the day you start is so important
What a Fantastic Rep you sound,I would pay Double to the union just not to have someone like you represent anyone,I would rather take a Mop in with me than you.
You are basically calling the lad a liar,I have seen people suspended for alot less than what hes done,Hang your head in shame you are nothing more than a Disgrace.
:speak to the hand .

Plus 1

I wouldn't want "thebiggestman" travelling an inch to help me
thebiggestman
Posts: 44
Joined: 15 Feb 2010, 22:10
Gender: Male

Re: Suspension Rights

Post by thebiggestman »

What a Fantastic Rep you sound,I would pay Double to the union just not to have someone like you represent anyone,I would rather take a Mop in with me than you.
You are basically calling the lad a liar,I have seen people suspended for alot less than what hes done,Hang your head in shame you are nothing more than a Disgrace.
Yes I am a fantastic rep, the most successful in the country and why?
Because once you have the whole truth you can then prepare the defense, not mambi pambi someone and get in the room and get turned over. The idiots on here telling him he's nothing to worry about and wave a section of a procedure in front of a manager are not helping at all and when you've dealt with a number of these cases you know there's more to it and you need all the facts to prepare. Now if he is honestly saying that is all that happened and it's the first time I would be sorely surprised. So take you're mop you muppet and let the poor lad go
hantsman
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 876
Joined: 14 Jul 2009, 09:33
Gender: Male

Re: Suspension Rights

Post by hantsman »

thebiggestman wrote:
What a Fantastic Rep you sound,I would pay Double to the union just not to have someone like you represent anyone,I would rather take a Mop in with me than you.
You are basically calling the lad a liar,I have seen people suspended for alot less than what hes done,Hang your head in shame you are nothing more than a Disgrace.
Yes I am a fantastic rep, the most successful in the country and why?
Because once you have the whole truth you can then prepare the defense, not mambi pambi someone and get in the room and get turned over. The idiots on here telling him he's nothing to worry about and wave a section of a procedure in front of a manager are not helping at all and when you've dealt with a number of these cases you know there's more to it and you need all the facts to prepare. Now if he is honestly saying that is all that happened and it's the first time I would be sorely surprised. So take you're mop you muppet and let the poor lad go

Sorry your not in the real world, plus you haven't read the whole thread, you on the drink?
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: Suspension Rights

Post by fishtank »

hantsman wrote:Yes I am a fantastic rep, the most successful in the country
Of course you are sweetheart.
There is some merit in what you say about knowing all the facts but since this is an internet forum that ain't going to happen so it's a stupid point, now stop being a prick and put the shandy down before you hurt yourself.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
llcoolh
Posts: 129
Joined: 05 Nov 2012, 08:58
Gender: Male

Re: Suspension Rights

Post by llcoolh »

Theghost wrote:
thebiggestman wrote:
Jack113 wrote:erm.. if you read the beginning of the thread properly, you would see that i locked all the undelivered mail securely inside the drivers room because the main depot was completely locked up for the day and no staff were there to tell. I had been given no information during training about who to contact in a situation like this and first thing the following morning i explained to the assistant manager exactly what had happened...altho the manager claims that he was not given this information by the assistant manager that day.
Son stop trying to convince yourself that you are telling the whole story and stop thanking the divs on here for their poor advice. You are looking down the barrel of dismissal and are probably on probation so will be easy to dismiss. Tell the truth and I will personally travel anywhere at my own expense and represent you, because f**k the get out of jail card you are being sold on here you need the help of a very experienced rep, that's why joining the Union the day you start is so important
What a Fantastic Rep you sound,I would pay Double to the union just not to have someone like you represent anyone,I would rather take a Mop in with me than you.
You are basically calling the lad a liar,I have seen people suspended for alot less than what hes done,Hang your head in shame you are nothing more than a Disgrace.
:Applause :Applause :Applause :Applause :Applause :Applause
postiemids
Posts: 156
Joined: 10 Jun 2010, 09:17
Gender: Male

Re: Suspension Rights

Post by postiemids »

fishtank wrote:
hantsman wrote:Yes I am a fantastic rep, the most successful in the country
Of course you are sweetheart.
There is some merit in what you say about knowing all the facts but since this is an internet forum that ain't going to happen so it's a stupid point, now stop being a prick and put the shandy down before you hurt yourself.
:funneh pissing myself here
NewPostieUK
Posts: 2104
Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
Gender: Male
Location: SickAsAChipLand

Re: Suspension Rights

Post by NewPostieUK »

rehabron wrote:I trust in your induction training you were fully informed of the procedures for incompletion of your delivery.
Are you kidding? Nobody gets told that kind of thing, certainly not by any manager, coach or trainer. The only people in my office who know what to do if they can't or don't want to do overtime to complete their duty, have found out via this forum, or by painfully extricating the information from the union rep.

When I started I wasn't even given a phone number. I had no idea what to do when it got to 3 o'clock and I still had half my walk to do.

And this 'inform manager at the earliest opportunity' thing is a joke. When you are new you have absolutely no idea whether it's a busy day or an easy day, and no idea what time you'll be finished.

Management, Union and colleagues should all hand their heads in shame when a new starter is put in this position.
chrisj
Posts: 1883
Joined: 21 Dec 2010, 16:24
Gender: Male

Re: Suspension Rights

Post by chrisj »

Even if you are not new, it is a guessing game to know precisely how long a walk will take. You can guess within about 10-15 minutes if you a walkholder but a casual reserve and a newbie will struggle to tell and what if you underestimate and events contribute to taking you over?

I suppose most people tend to err on the overestimation side but of course, one should be careful not to arrive too early with manager waiting..,
NewPostieUK
Posts: 2104
Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
Gender: Male
Location: SickAsAChipLand

Re: Suspension Rights

Post by NewPostieUK »

chrisj wrote:Even if you are not new, it is a guessing game to know precisely how long a walk will take. You can guess within about 10-15 minutes if you a walkholder,
I can't. I don't prep my frame, so can only try to judge from the gaps, and the amount of packets. But that's only half the story. On park and loop you have two duties, doing (roughly) half each, so i don't get to see half of what i deliver until the time I actually open the bag on the street.

It's ridiculous that we have to guess what time we are going to finish. It's ridiculous that we have to ring up if we find that it's getting near our finish time and we have loads to do.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72767
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Suspension Rights

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

NewPostieUK wrote:
chrisj wrote:Even if you are not new, it is a guessing game to know precisely how long a walk will take. You can guess within about 10-15 minutes if you a walkholder,
I can't. I don't prep my frame, so can only try to judge from the gaps, and the amount of packets. But that's only half the story. On park and loop you have two duties, doing (roughly) half each, so i don't get to see half of what i deliver until the time I actually open the bag on the street.

It's ridiculous that we have to guess what time we are going to finish. It's ridiculous that we have to ring up if we find that it's getting near our finish time and we have loads to do.
I agree that the procedure for overrunning duties is not fit for purpose, and it certainly needs an overhaul. However whatever system is put in place , the postie will still need to make an estimation and they will still have to make contact with managers at some point. Mind you with all this modern stuff we are getting you'd think the PDA could be used both as a contact device, and to send information/warnings to managers and posties.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
krussel
Posts: 5300
Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
Gender: Male
Location: Out on the streets.

Re: Suspension Rights

Post by krussel »

NewPostieUK wrote:It's ridiculous that we have to ring up if we find that it's getting near our finish time and we have loads to do.
I do agree that in a ideal word we should not have to do such things but this is the modern jack booted RM we are talking about here. Its best to give the dom as much time as possible to cover the cut off. If you call from your phone you also have a record that the cut off notification was made.
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Re: Suspension Rights

Post by Lounge Lizard »

NewPostieUK wrote:
rehabron wrote:I trust in your induction training you were fully informed of the procedures for incompletion of your delivery.
Are you kidding? Nobody gets told that kind of thing, certainly not by any manager, coach or trainer. The only people in my office who know what to do if they can't or don't want to do overtime to complete their duty, have found out via this forum, or by painfully extricating the information from the union rep.

When I started I wasn't even given a phone number. I had no idea what to do when it got to 3 o'clock and I still had half my walk to do.

And this 'inform manager at the earliest opportunity' thing is a joke. When you are new you have absolutely no idea whether it's a busy day or an easy day, and no idea what time you'll be finished.

Management, Union and colleagues should all hand their heads in shame when a new starter is put in this position.
Absolutely right.
Induction training for one brief day included NOTHING about such correct procedures, you're slow to start with and it was only in horror a few weeks later that I learnt FROM THIS FORUM how I had been doing things terribly wrong. :shock: There but for fortune ....
rehabron
Posts: 1372
Joined: 01 Jul 2012, 18:43
Gender: Male

Re: Suspension Rights

Post by rehabron »

NewPostieUK wrote:
rehabron wrote:I trust in your induction training you were fully informed of the procedures for incompletion of your delivery.
Are you kidding? Nobody gets told that kind of thing, certainly not by any manager, coach or trainer. The only people in my office who know what to do if they can't or don't want to do overtime to complete their duty, have found out via this forum, or by painfully extricating the information from the union rep.

When I started I wasn't even given a phone number. I had no idea what to do when it got to 3 o'clock and I still had half my walk to do.

And this 'inform manager at the earliest opportunity' thing is a joke. When you are new you have absolutely no idea whether it's a busy day or an easy day, and no idea what time you'll be finished.

Management, Union and colleagues should all hand their heads in shame when a new starter is put in this position.
By " Jack" posting who is obviously a new start and the unbelievable action being taken by his DOM I made the point if he had received proper tuition when unable to complete his delivery for a specific reason that being had others who have the service put in this position that resulted in a dismissal to proceed to an Employment Tribunal then the failure of a " reasonable" employer to give adequate training would expect the findings of an ET to be in your favour. Getting back to "Jack" case then the level of authority that DOM holds can only give a "Serious" of 2 years on record or refer to a higher level if feels the punishment is outwith his authority. If he decides to give 2 years on record then this should be taken to appeal stage where the charge can only be upheld, revoked but not increased. Should DOM pass " Jack" case up the line then somewhere there must be a manger with some ounce of common sense in their cranium that DOM action is not how a reasonable employer behaves and why figures from ET and EAT hearings bear this out. I hope "Jack" posts how his situation has progressed.