ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

ONLY 2 DAYS PAY THIS WEEK

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
happy41
Posts: 7
Joined: 01 Oct 2007, 14:16

ONLY 2 DAYS PAY THIS WEEK

Post by happy41 »

JUST PHONED WAGES AND THEY TOLD ME THAT IF YOU WHERE DUE IN WORK FOR BOTH WEEKS OF THE STRIKE AND NOT ON LEAVE OR SICK THAT THIS WEEKS PAY WILL ONLY BE 2 DAYS.
meweavy
Posts: 473
Joined: 10 May 2007, 11:07

Post by meweavy »

just phoned them and they are taking 4 days pay from one weeks wages...so if you worked youre day off then that is 3 days pay or if you had a day during the strikes still 3 days pay...c***s...
dillybo_06
Posts: 25
Joined: 16 Jun 2007, 14:37
Location: Here

Post by dillybo_06 »

Are they allowed to do this????
When I die, bury me face down so everyone can kiss my arse! :o)
chief
Posts: 51
Joined: 24 Sep 2007, 16:32

Post by chief »

dillybo_06 wrote:Are they allowed to do this????
They surely can't. What we expect to get paid this week is work we have actually done! I worked 3 days last week, and expect 3 days pay this Friday.
meweavy
Posts: 473
Joined: 10 May 2007, 11:07

Post by meweavy »

chief wrote:
dillybo_06 wrote:Are they allowed to do this????
They surely can't. What we expect to get paid this week is work we have actually done! I worked 3 days last week, and expect 3 days pay this Friday.
just rang wages and it is the four days pay from one weeks wages..

not sure if any overtime or door to doors will be paid in.
chief
Posts: 51
Joined: 24 Sep 2007, 16:32

Post by chief »

I pay stuff like POIS and Credit Union. 1 days pay won't be enough to cover that!
meweavy
Posts: 473
Joined: 10 May 2007, 11:07

Post by meweavy »

chief wrote:I pay stuff like POIS and Credit Union. 1 days pay won't be enough to cover that!
thyere just trying to hit you as hard as they can,expecting people to come back..

but i dont understand how they can take this weeks strike money out of last weeks wages..
butch77
Posts: 26
Joined: 03 Oct 2007, 19:40

Post by butch77 »

what's the betting the wage slips don't come out till friday.
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32805
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Post by POSTMAN »

I've contacted HQ,awaiting an answer.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
piranha
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 496
Joined: 01 Aug 2007, 09:30
Gender: Male

Post by piranha »

We get paid weekly in arrears right? If I don't get
paid for hours Ive worked last week I will not work
the hours Im expected to work this week, how will
I know that I'll get paid for em? I feel an all out
unofficial coming on....
Junior
Posts: 19
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 22:16

Post by Junior »

piranha wrote:We get paid weekly in arrears right? If I don't get
paid for hours Ive worked last week I will not work
the hours Im expected to work this week, how will
I know that I'll get paid for em? I feel an all out
unofficial coming on....

Legally, I'm sure they must pay you for the hours you have worked during that payment period. For us, it's weekly, so whatever you worked last week, they legally MUST pay you this week. If they take out any more than they're meant to, phone them up and ask for a reason why. Then ask for it in writing and consult a solicitor. Sue the hell out of them.
meweavy
Posts: 473
Joined: 10 May 2007, 11:07

Post by meweavy »

wages dept say its 4 days out of tommorows wages...how they can take out this weeks days aswell as last weeks days is beyond me..its one thing after another with r.m.surely something has to be done about thier illegal tactics..

that is beyond out of order,how are people supposed to live..

on the plus side though at least you will get a full weeks wages next week.unless they take out next tuesdays strike day out of that aswell.
germanbloke
Posts: 5
Joined: 07 Feb 2007, 18:19

Post by germanbloke »

This is not on. we were told by our dim that we would not be getting any SA or Overtime or DTD pay for last week due to the strike action due to our ex phg who does the wages input on the pc rightly being out on strike. DONT THINK OUR DIM WILL HAVE THE B@@@OCKS to stand in front of us and break this news!! ONE DAYS FLAT PAY?? WHAT NEXT!!

NO WAY WILL THOSE WAGE SLIPS APPEAR TOMORROW!! :sad: :no no

EINHEIT IST STARKE.
postmanplod69
Posts: 146
Joined: 04 Sep 2007, 21:52
Location: at my frame

Post by postmanplod69 »

ive dug out my original contract and im deffo payed in arrears,so surely its illegal that royal mail are taking 4 days pay and surely something can be done about this
chayoliver
Posts: 243
Joined: 16 Jul 2007, 11:24

Post by chayoliver »

Talk about trying to wind people up, this only enhances what we are dealing with now, so like ive said before do your job properly, no favours no nothing. Its obviuos they want us to walk again unaficially so the public turn on us, but im not sure that will happen :d'oh!
No Surrender