http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/ho ... 25985.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The most expensive parking space in the UK has gone on sale for £400,000, and despite costing double the price of the average home, has received 'plenty of interest'.
The parking space, which fits two cars, is located near the Royal Albert Hall in Kensington and features indoor lighting and double doors for added security.
The price tag on the spot has increased by 31 per cent since a space in the same car park went on sale for £275,000 ten months ago.
The parking space is being advertised by agent Hobart Slater, who sell high-value properties in the exclusive Knightsbridge area. The agents also have other garages in the area for sale on their website, although these are up for a slightly-less eye watering sum of £150,000.
Six figure properties are common place on their listings, with the most expensive property on their books currently up for sale for a staggering £9,850,000.
The space is described as "a large secure underground parking space ideally situated for an Albert Court or Albert Hall Mansions resident."
A spokesman for Hobart Slater told The Telegraph there had already been interest in the space.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Average Wages For London
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72767
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Average Wages For London
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Average Wages For London
Couple of weeks wages for a London postie 
-
baldrick
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 5038
- Joined: 13 Sep 2007, 23:37
- Gender: Male
Re: Average Wages For London
If you have lived all your life in London you are used to it's problems, and all your friends and family are there. I live in a small 1 bedroom flat. I could sell it and buy a nice big house with garden for less in Devon, or elsewhere in the country, and still have some cash left.OnAFlyer wrote: £250k would get you a 4-5 bed detached here, and £450k a veritable mansion. Why anyone who isn't rich would want to live in London is beyond me, its largely a sh*thole as well unless you've got serious money to buy (Yes I've been all over London as I have relatives there!)
But I wouldn't know anyone, and I've heard that locals can resent incomers buying property they can't afford.
-
bunkerland
- Posts: 546
- Joined: 11 Oct 2009, 21:40
- Gender: Male
Re: Average Wages For London
Do other mail companies operating in London offer inner and outer weightings to their staff and if so, anyone know how much?
-
PhilthyPhil
- Posts: 1155
- Joined: 23 Nov 2007, 19:15
Re: Average Wages For London
I'd expect an electric door for £400k!!TrueBlueTerrier wrote:http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/ho ... 25985.html
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72767
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Average Wages For London
Yes. TNT http://www.supplybrent.co.uk/employment/083-TNT-Post" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; but no idea how muchbunkerland wrote:Do other mail companies operating in London offer inner and outer weightings to their staff and if so, anyone know how much?
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.