I have been an ALR for the last 4 years. In that time, I have usually always done back-shifts. In fact I have never done anything else in the last 3 years because my son was born and with the wife working from 6am 'til 3pm I couldn't do anything else. It came to the stage where I didn't have to chose what shift I was on because they knew my circumstances. Now when I phoned today I have been put on nightshift! - despite asking for a backshift. They say it is because I have a Skynet pass, and no-one else can do the duty. I do have a pass, but it is out of date! So, it smacks to me of 'punishment' for going on strike. They knew I could not swap shifts, because I would have to have went through the picket line with the person I was swapping with to fill in the form. I have contacted the Union to see what they could do, however no joy. Being an ALR they (management) seem to think I should drop everything and work when they say so.
PATHETIC!
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Petty and Pathetic
-
plodsie
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 191
- Joined: 02 Aug 2007, 01:33
Petty and Pathetic
Glasgow driver.
Q. Who exactly are the Competition?
A. People who'll post a letter for you.
Q. Who exactly are the Competition?
A. People who'll post a letter for you.
-
iow1
- Posts: 93
- Joined: 30 Mar 2007, 16:50
it seems that the screws are now turning to bullish tactics day in day out. even the most senior blokes are feeling the heat. wot can they do if u go sick with stress due to personal circumstances. ie they are forcing this on to you which has caused stress at home with childcare etc.
look after yourself mate. don't let them bully you. in any other job if you have been doing the job for 3 months then the shift job is yours as it is seen as your usual work pattern. that is why casuals only ever got 12 weeks b4 needing a break. i think they do have to give you a bit more notice. it is a busy time for the reps but get him/her involved
look after yourself mate. don't let them bully you. in any other job if you have been doing the job for 3 months then the shift job is yours as it is seen as your usual work pattern. that is why casuals only ever got 12 weeks b4 needing a break. i think they do have to give you a bit more notice. it is a busy time for the reps but get him/her involved
floating postie.
-
plodsie
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 191
- Joined: 02 Aug 2007, 01:33
I'll be going in at my time 2110, knowing these f@ckwits they will not have told each other I have not got an up to date skynet pass. So If they ask me to go to the airport anyway I shall refuse, it is not my problem they have not updated it. I don't even know if there is SA or OT attached to this duty. I will not be doing it anyway as I can't. If they want to be @rses I will be too. Remember folks - Start at your time, finish at your time. Stick to the 318, and sod them.
Glasgow driver.
Q. Who exactly are the Competition?
A. People who'll post a letter for you.
Q. Who exactly are the Competition?
A. People who'll post a letter for you.