http://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/news/ ... -1-6424831" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
A Blackpool MP is calling on Royal Mail to strongly consider concerns about accessibility to its proposed new Blackpool Delivery Office.
Gordon Marsden MP for Blackpool South has warned the current plans for the new site on Faraday Way could lead to major problems for disabled and elderly residents as well as those using public transport.
Royal Mail’s application to move the current sorting office from Edward Street to a new location on Blackpool Technology Park in the North of the town goes before the resort’s Planning Committee on the Monday.
Mr Marsden said: “I recognise that the existing sorting office in the town centre site is no longer fit for purpose and a new sorting office is needed. I am not against a move as such, but there are serious concerns being brought forward about public transport access and disabled parking and these need a serious rethink from Royal Mail on them before the relocation gets the full green light.”
Under the current plans there will be just 13 parking spaces and just two disabled spaces. Residents have also cited poor links to public transport as a concern.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Blackpool - MP’s postal transport plea
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72738
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Blackpool - MP’s postal transport plea
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.