ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Last post for first class Bourton postie

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72738
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Last post for first class Bourton postie

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

http://www.blackmorevale.co.uk/post-cla ... story.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This week has been quite a week for postman Dave Knox, as he celebrated his 37th wedding anniversary yesterday then spent much of today saying goodbye to people on his Bourton postal route. For after 32 years, with more than 15 of them as Bourton’s postie, he has decided to retire.

“It’s been good,” said Dave, “plenty of ups and downs, and the people of Bourton have been fantastic. I’ve got a lot of good friends there and I don’t want to lose touch.

“It’s changed a lot from when I first started, and if I’d known I’d have enjoyed it so much I would have joined ten years earlier!”

He initially started his postal career in Bourton before doing rounds elsewhere, returning to Bourton 15 years ago.

“It’s all gone so quickly and leaving is bittersweet. I’ve enjoyed the cheerful smiles, the banter and as a Yeovil Town supporter there are lots of keen football fans out there to talk to, so it’s been fantastic. It’ll also be nice to now be able to see them play on a Saturday!”

As a parting gift, his colleagues presented Dave with a signed Yeovil Town football shirt.

Delivery office manager Robert Winn said: “We’re very sad to see him go; he’s done a fantastic job. He’s a real character and for him, the customers always come first - he never lets them down. He’s also been a really good Union rep as well as being pro active with business changes.

“We all wish him the best of luck and the door is always open for a cup of tea and a chinwag - and we still want to see him at football on a Saturday!”
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Re: Last post for first class Bourton postie

Post by Lounge Lizard »

“It’s been good,” said Dave, “plenty of ups and downs" :nana :crazy: :nana :crazy: :nana :crazy: :nana :crazy: :nana :crazy: :nana