Drop in mail - top up time coming in from April for delivery enhancement structure. - you all saw this coming.... right ?
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Door to door payments
-
The_Wax_Man
- Posts: 191
- Joined: 11 Nov 2011, 14:18
- Gender: Male
Re: Door to door payments
lol the day the Agreement signed in - over 20 yorks of d2d's delivered ready for sorting
Drop in mail - top up time coming in from April for delivery enhancement structure. - you all saw this coming.... right ?

Drop in mail - top up time coming in from April for delivery enhancement structure. - you all saw this coming.... right ?
-
NewPostieUK
- Posts: 2104
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: SickAsAChipLand
Re: Door to door payments
Some 30 hr duties get it prepped, some 25 hr duties have to prep their own. It depends on the duty.dblad wrote:You should be prepping your own duty on 30 hours, 25 hrs get it prepped for themNewPostieUK wrote:1. You don't get paid separately for Door to Doors.Dazz71 wrote:Hi There,
Are the payments for door to doors pro-rata ?? I'm on a 28hr contract .
2. I'm on a 30 hr contract and don't have to prep my Door to Doors, the person who preps my duty is meant to do it.
Ask your manager for a break-down, in writing, of what you are meant to do and when. You'll find out if you are meant to be doing them or not (probably not).
-
mickeymacca
- Posts: 503
- Joined: 21 Jun 2012, 18:03
- Gender: Male
Re: Door to door payments
You can understand the confusion, it is not the most clear system. With regards to your explanation why was the delivery supplement not just incorporated into the hourly pay rate? It would have made the whole thing easier to understand.clashcityrocker wrote:If a p/timer was paid a full Delivery Supplement they would be on a higher hourly rate than a f/timer.coxybaby wrote: I spoke to my union rep about this and he agreed that he's never understood why d2d payments are pro rata.
How does a rep not understand that?
A p/timer who works overtime gets an enhanced overtime rate up to 39 hours to ensure they do get the full DS.
We are now on AGF 2014 and we are still discussing BT2010........
New starters certainly in my experience have very limited training, and it is largely to what suits RM, such as manual handling training, or delivery procedures for various products. However the bits that are important to the employee such as explanation of pay rates, holiday procedures, T and S claims etc are overlooked. My induction 'day' involved the training officer dealing with various inquiries by the temporary Xmas staff that had just been made permanent, regarding pay arrears. In hindsight that was probably a good introduction to the way RM operates as my wages are regularly incorrect.
'Libraries gave us power'
-
IcanthelpthewayIam
- Posts: 4067
- Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
- Gender: Male
Re: Door to door payments
The reason is that it's not paid to all staff just those who work in delivery offices, thus it would have been harder to put it into basic pay as the opg grade has workers in ither functions that do not get that allowancemickeymacca wrote:
You can understand the confusion, it is not the most clear system. With regards to your explanation why was the delivery supplement not just incorporated into the hourly pay rate?
-
Sidley
- Posts: 653
- Joined: 16 Jun 2012, 22:01
- Gender: Male
Re: Door to door payments
Plus it'd be harder to stop paying it which I imagine they will.
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Door to door payments
I work 39hrs and don't prep my own duty.dblad wrote:You should be prepping your own duty on 30 hours, 25 hrs get it prepped for them
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
mickeymacca
- Posts: 503
- Joined: 21 Jun 2012, 18:03
- Gender: Male
Re: Door to door payments
Ok, although why not have a different pay rate for delivery staff and the other staff? You do a different job you get paid differently?zx135 wrote:The reason is that it's not paid to all staff just those who work in delivery offices, thus it would have been harder to put it into basic pay as the opg grade has workers in ither functions that do not get that allowancemickeymacca wrote:
You can understand the confusion, it is not the most clear system. With regards to your explanation why was the delivery supplement not just incorporated into the hourly pay rate?
thanks for reply though, I may be taking thread off on a bit of a tangent, so I'll leave it there!!
'Libraries gave us power'
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72767
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Door to door payments
Semantics and a little bit of politics probably. The CWU were trumpting the fact that they had saved the D2D payment and transferred some of it into the Delivery Supplement (along with ESA1 and ESA2). Imagine trying to sell a deal to Mail Centre staff where delivery staff get a high basic wage, or trying to sell it delivery staff where D2D payments have been removed completely.mickeymacca wrote:Ok, although why not have a different pay rate for delivery staff and the other staff? You do a different job you get paid differently?
thanks for reply though, I may be taking thread off on a bit of a tangent, so I'll leave it there!!
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
mickeymacca
- Posts: 503
- Joined: 21 Jun 2012, 18:03
- Gender: Male
Re: Door to door payments
Yeh fair point, although I personally don't see why that would be a problem. Drivers get more money than delivery staff and I have no issue with that they deserve it. I think we do a job being on the frontline, that covers a broader range of skill sets than that of a mail centre worker (though this is an ignorant claim based on zero knowledge of how a mail centre operates, so feel free to shoot me down in flames, but please do it politely).TrueBlueTerrier wrote:Semantics and a little bit of politics probably. The CWU were trumpting the fact that they had saved the D2D payment and transferred some of it into the Delivery Supplement (along with ESA1 and ESA2). Imagine trying to sell a deal to Mail Centre staff where delivery staff get a high basic wage, or trying to sell it delivery staff where D2D payments have been removed completely.mickeymacca wrote:Ok, although why not have a different pay rate for delivery staff and the other staff? You do a different job you get paid differently?
thanks for reply though, I may be taking thread off on a bit of a tangent, so I'll leave it there!!
There is a very much a culture of they are getting more paid than me, finish earlier than me, have an easier day than me that pervades the RM. Maybe I am a tad naive and that is life in general, but it is something I notice quite a lot and it has n't been so apparent in my previous employment, not a criticism just an observation.
'Libraries gave us power'
-
Harv12
- Posts: 158
- Joined: 12 Nov 2013, 18:25
- Gender: Male
Re: Door to door payments
we have 2 33 hr contracts that get their jobs boxed in for them , they say 1hr and 30mins isn't long enough to prep a job, they come in with just a walksorted tray and a hand full of mail from the ips to sort and may be half a bag of packets left todo, gets on our tit's.dblad wrote:You should be prepping your own duty on 30 hours, 25 hrs get it prepped for themNewPostieUK wrote:1. You don't get paid separately for Door to Doors.Dazz71 wrote:Hi There,
Are the payments for door to doors pro-rata ?? I'm on a 28hr contract .
2. I'm on a 30 hr contract and don't have to prep my Door to Doors, the person who preps my duty is meant to do it.
Ask your manager for a break-down, in writing, of what you are meant to do and when. You'll find out if you are meant to be doing them or not (probably not).
-
coxybaby
- Posts: 22
- Joined: 17 Dec 2013, 15:57
- Gender: Female
Re: Door to door payments
I thought the delivery supplement was for the d2d's? Mine is less than that of a full timer. I'm on 24 hours a week and my households have never been prepped or thrown in.UnhappyGremlin wrote:Depends on what has been agreed in the revision in that particular office.dblad wrote:You should be prepping your own duty on 30 hours, 25 hrs get it prepped for themNewPostieUK wrote:1. You don't get paid separately for Door to Doors.Dazz71 wrote:Hi There,
Are the payments for door to doors pro-rata ?? I'm on a 28hr contract .
2. I'm on a 30 hr contract and don't have to prep my Door to Doors, the person who preps my duty is meant to do it.
Ask your manager for a break-down, in writing, of what you are meant to do and when. You'll find out if you are meant to be doing them or not (probably not).
There is no national uniformity in revisions, local arrangements/agreements are central to revisions.
The manager has promised us that she will ensure the guy covering our walk will do now his share... Let's see what happens eh!
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72767
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Door to door payments
No it would be called a D2D supplement if that was true - although we used to get it.coxybaby wrote:
I thought the delivery supplement was for the d2d's?
The D2D payment was withdrawn as part of an agreement, but the Union say they got the budget for paying us D2Ds into paying us the Delivery Supplement. They also used the budget for Early Shift Allowances which FT lost at the same as D2D pay.
The delivery supplement is an hourly based payment which RM give us in recognition of the "special" challenges the Delivery Function faces daily, not just for D2Ds.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.