I reckon you should try this and see if they give you an update! good luck
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Job interview.... When will I know
-
channy82
- Posts: 3
- Joined: 25 Jan 2014, 17:22
- Gender: Female
Re: Job interview.... When will I know
jessllew, I emailed applications@royalmail.com to say I hadn't heard anything. then today I have 3 emails and a telephone number 0114 2414378 to call. I called this and was offered the job and given a start date
I reckon you should try this and see if they give you an update! good luck
I reckon you should try this and see if they give you an update! good luck
-
Jessllew
- Posts: 34
- Joined: 07 Jan 2014, 07:45
- Gender: Female
Re: Job interview.... When will I know
Hi channy... I had a email today :0) with two induction dates for me to choose from :0) woo hoo
Xx
Xx
-
channy82
- Posts: 3
- Joined: 25 Jan 2014, 17:22
- Gender: Female
Re: Job interview.... When will I know
where are you going for your induction Jessllew? Mines at Bath on the 25th! I'm glad you heard back too!
xx
xx
-
payetwhu
- Posts: 54
- Joined: 31 Aug 2013, 21:05
- Gender: Male
Re: Job interview.... When will I know
if people dont hear back within 9 days of applying for a role does that mean ur most likely not to get an interview?channy82 wrote:Hi everyone,
I'm in the same boat as some others on here. I applied for a role on the 1st of Dec and had an interview on the 10th. By the 24th I had an email to say I'd passed the assessment and I have all the what happens next info. The 27th I had another email to say they were submitting my security checks. On the 15th of Jan the status changed to 'security checks passed' but since then I have heard nothing. What happens now? I have to work 4 weeks notice from my current job so can't really drop everything and go to an induction etc spur of the moment haha.
I'm getting sick of waiting, just an email to say I'm on a waiting list would be something at least! arrrgghh
-
GT85
- Posts: 365
- Joined: 26 Nov 2013, 20:02
- Gender: Male
- Location: ASDO
Re: Job interview.... When will I know
Yes that's maybe the case with a normal employer but with Royal Mail recruitment things take ages
just hang on in there.
We're all here because we're not all there
-
payetwhu
- Posts: 54
- Joined: 31 Aug 2013, 21:05
- Gender: Male
Re: Job interview.... When will I know
ok cool just i applied on the 24th and aint heard nothing back. was the office probably had loads of applicantsGT85 wrote:Yes that's maybe the case with a normal employer but with Royal Mail recruitment things take agesjust hang on in there.
Last edited by payetwhu on 10 Nov 2025, 23:40, edited 1 time in total.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72763
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Job interview.... When will I know
A fair number of years ago I applied for a position an Royal Mail in August - Interview in September, and confirmation successful Late November - they are a bit quicker now I hope.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
bustedflush
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1493
- Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Job interview.... When will I know
No, they're not. I was initially interviewed at the end of October 2012, induction Feb 2013.....TrueBlueTerrier wrote:A fair number of years ago I applied for a position an Royal Mail in August - Interview in September, and confirmation successful Late November - they are a bit quicker now I hope.
-
sbbij
- Posts: 17
- Joined: 25 Feb 2014, 12:40
- Gender: Male
Re: Job interview.... When will I know
Hello. For those given induction days how far out are they from the email date? 1 week 2 weeks? Ive just noticed that my status has changed to "interview attended"... I think the interview went well - but who knows... I have to work notice from my current work. Thanks.
-
salomon
- Posts: 52
- Joined: 28 Nov 2014, 21:18
- Gender: Female
Re: Job interview.... When will I know
I applied last april, heard nothing for weeks, was interviewed july, heard nothing again for weeks then at the end of August I was asked to go to induction on the 1st september and was in the do on the 2nd. It took ages for any updates to appear on the website but they do lots of checks. It confused them that I was self employed they must have asked me 3 times for employers details!!
-
Nondescript
- Posts: 232
- Joined: 29 Nov 2013, 16:25
- Gender: Male
Re: Job interview.... When will I know
I'm here a week now. Waiting for a mission. Getting softer. Every minute I stay in this room, I get weaker. And every minute Charlie squats in the bush...he gets stronger. Each time I looked around...the walls moved in a little tighter.Jessllew wrote:Well 5 days after my interview now..... And my status still says "Interview Booked" :0/
-
Barbel
- Posts: 593
- Joined: 21 Sep 2012, 16:11
- Gender: Male
Re: Job interview.... When will I know
It took me 5 months to get in from initial application to start date and that was 2 years ago.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72763
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Job interview.... When will I know
Nondescript wrote:I'm here a week now. Waiting for a mission. Getting softer. Every minute I stay in this room, I get weaker. And every minute Charlie squats in the bush...he gets stronger. Each time I looked around...the walls moved in a little tighter.Jessllew wrote:Well 5 days after my interview now..... And my status still says "Interview Booked" :0/

All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
kirstyx
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 147
- Joined: 24 Jul 2012, 16:45
- Gender: Female
Re: Job interview.... When will I know
Once I passed the security checks they wanted me to attend the induction day 3 days later but I had to work my notice period so I started 3 weeks later