ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Bring back Driving Allowance

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Hitcher
Posts: 1538
Joined: 20 Sep 2009, 09:59
Gender: Male

Re: Bring back Driving Allowance

Post by Hitcher »

Caniel wrote:
bringon4dayweeks wrote:
Caniel wrote:I saved a few hundred quid on my car insurance when I said I was a professionally trained driver, had access to a company vehicle excluding personal use and was on the company insurance policy. That's one perk of being a RM driver.
you wont be insured then
Yes I am, I cleared this all with my insurer.
In writing?
Caniel
Posts: 623
Joined: 03 Jul 2009, 18:25
Gender: Female
Location: The Batcave

Re: Bring back Driving Allowance

Post by Caniel »

Hitcher wrote:
Caniel wrote:
bringon4dayweeks wrote:
Caniel wrote:I saved a few hundred quid on my car insurance when I said I was a professionally trained driver, had access to a company vehicle excluding personal use and was on the company insurance policy. That's one perk of being a RM driver.
you wont be insured then
Yes I am, I cleared this all with my insurer.
In writing?
All done over the phone. I initially got my quote through a comparison website but wanted to make sure so phoned the company up with the reference number I got with the original quote. I went through everything again with the lady on the phone asked if there was anything they needed and was told no that's all fine.