ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

d2d prepping

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
paulf0203
Posts: 121
Joined: 20 Nov 2013, 09:58
Gender: Male

Re: d2d prepping

Post by paulf0203 »

donein wrote:evening all 7 d2d next week do we get any extra time to prep these mother feckers or do we absorb em to our duty , :hmmmm
I've been a postie now for 8 weeks and tomorrow I've been put on a walk in a different office in an area I don't know very well on a full timers round (i'm on a 35 hr contract) and there are 6 d2d's to prepare is it normal to be treated like this?
masterblaster
Posts: 285
Joined: 10 Sep 2010, 20:12
Gender: Male

Re: d2d prepping

Post by masterblaster »

I don't remember anything in the agreement in the new D2D payment system where it states, you have to do 16% a day, just that they are all done by the end of the week.
Jamesethefirst
Posts: 146
Joined: 10 Dec 2013, 17:48
Gender: Male

Re: d2d prepping

Post by Jamesethefirst »

masterblaster wrote:I don't remember anything in the agreement in the new D2D payment system where it states, you have to do 16% a day, just that they are all done by the end of the week.
There is some agreement or other that you do 1/6 per day ,however you can ultimately manage the workload yourself ,according to the agreement. Whatever that is worth.
Whilst on the subject, I was informed by someone who had actually read this agreement that the type and specification of D2D was included, whether it is true or not I don't know,however they should not be in the form of plastic bags.
Furthermore I cannot see them having all these items bundled together somehow, firstly,because it makes life easier for us,secondly it makes it easier for customers to throw them away without looking at them,which from my experience most do anyway.
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16726
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: d2d prepping

Post by clashcityrocker »

masterblaster wrote:I don't remember anything in the agreement in the new D2D payment system where it states, you have to do 16% a day, just that they are all done by the end of the week.
The time to do one sixth daily is what is allocated and doing them on a daily basis increases your call rate which makes your duty longer and reduces the possibility for lapsing.
What benefit is there in doing them all on Monday?
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
Jamesethefirst
Posts: 146
Joined: 10 Dec 2013, 17:48
Gender: Male

Re: d2d prepping

Post by Jamesethefirst »

clashcityrocker wrote:
masterblaster wrote:I don't remember anything in the agreement in the new D2D payment system where it states, you have to do 16% a day, just that they are all done by the end of the week.
The time to do one sixth daily is what is allocated and doing them on a daily basis increases your call rate which makes your duty longer and reduces the possibility for lapsing.
What benefit is there in doing them all on Monday?
Quite agree. Seven minutes per day I believe . 9 minutes to check your van. 3 minutes to wipe your, ....no,never mind
Rory
Posts: 90
Joined: 09 Aug 2012, 12:42
Gender: Male

Re: d2d prepping

Post by Rory »

paulf0203 wrote:
donein wrote:evening all 7 d2d next week do we get any extra time to prep these mother feckers or do we absorb em to our duty , :hmmmm
I've been a postie now for 8 weeks and tomorrow I've been put on a walk in a different office in an area I don't know very well on a full timers round (i'm on a 35 hr contract) and there are 6 d2d's to prepare is it normal to be treated like this?
Yes, all very normal unfortunately.
Lincox
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3485
Joined: 09 Jan 2008, 18:07
Gender: Male

Re: d2d prepping

Post by Lincox »

The reason for doing 1/6th per day is also to provide a fair workload as far as D2ds are concerned across the week, so that holiday and day off reliefs do their fair share of the work. I agree that the BT2010 states that the walk holder can plan D2ds across the week as long as the customers contract is adhered to, but this is followed up with a briefing on the company,s perspective on how these should be completed.
Postie45
Posts: 2160
Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
Gender: Male

Re: d2d prepping

Post by Postie45 »

paulf0203 wrote:
donein wrote:evening all 7 d2d next week do we get any extra time to prep these mother feckers or do we absorb em to our duty , :hmmmm
I've been a postie now for 8 weeks and tomorrow I've been put on a walk in a different office in an area I don't know very well on a full timers round (i'm on a 35 hr contract) and there are 6 d2d's to prepare is it normal to be treated like this?
yes its quite normal, may be worth talking to with your union rep if you have difficulty making it to the different offices.