ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Ridiculous customer complaints.

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
OnAFlyer
Posts: 1938
Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 14:24
Gender: Male

Re: Ridiculous customer complaints.

Post by OnAFlyer »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
Lounge Lizard wrote:"You'll wake the dead" when I knock the door loud enough to be heard. :crazy:

Then the next time you knock at the same address, quietly, the man of the house complains because he couldn't hear you.
We had that at one house. The same guy first complained we weren't knocking loudly enough, then complained we were knocking too loudly.

After a chat with him he got a doorbell fitted :roll:
zapranoth
Posts: 8
Joined: 16 Dec 2008, 19:05
Gender: Male

Re: Ridiculous customer complaints.

Post by zapranoth »

A friend had this complaint served up by a manager,"HE ALMOST SCRATCHED MY CAR !"
Caniel
Posts: 623
Joined: 03 Jul 2009, 18:25
Gender: Female
Location: The Batcave

Re: Ridiculous customer complaints.

Post by Caniel »

I get people complaining that the mail is late all the time....

I just tell them it's their fault for allowing the government to privatise the postal market and then sell off Royal Mail, you reap what you sow at the end of the day and if people had kicked up we'd never have been sold and there would never have been any DSA. People would still have two deliveries a day and get their mail before 10am.
meercat
Posts: 814
Joined: 21 Apr 2010, 16:15
Gender: Male

Re: Ridiculous customer complaints.

Post by meercat »

Caniel wrote:I get people complaining that the mail is late all the time....

I just tell them it's their fault for allowing the government to privatise the postal market and then sell off Royal Mail, you reap what you sow at the end of the day and if people had kicked up we'd never have been sold and there would never have been any DSA. People would still have two deliveries a day and get their mail before 10am.
Spot on. Also tell them that as a privatised company our priority now lies with our shareholders not the public. So if the company can make more profit for shareholders by altering the service then they will do it even if customers are inconvenienced. Then say 'money is King' and walk off. They might be so pissed that they write a letter to their MP!
datasaint
Posts: 1541
Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 17:19
Gender: Male

Re: Ridiculous customer complaints.

Post by datasaint »

For walking across the concrete edging in front of a customers bay window to get to the next house I got accused of "disgusting behavior, like that of a schoolboy paperboy". :angel
boon3590
Posts: 66
Joined: 09 Mar 2010, 20:16
Gender: Male

Re: Ridiculous customer complaints.

Post by boon3590 »

Closing the garden gate to hard
fluffysnow
Posts: 22
Joined: 09 Dec 2010, 18:41
Gender: Male

Re: Ridiculous customer complaints.

Post by fluffysnow »

hell is other people! john paul sarte
Last edited by fluffysnow on 25 Jan 2014, 19:32, edited 1 time in total.
crazyshrew
Posts: 584
Joined: 19 Jun 2011, 16:58
Gender: Female
Location: Coastal, South West

Re: Ridiculous customer complaints.

Post by crazyshrew »

deristrong wrote:Got a yellow 1st complaint card which said, "Please ensure mail for 15 The Court, Wilson Street is not delivered to 15 Wilson Street". I couldn't be arsed to point out it's the exact same place.
We have similar, Fullofidiots court on Fullofidiots close but the buggars in the court just use # Fullofidiots close and then moan that we deliver as addressed and blame everyone but themselves.


The best I have experienced is the random idiot bloke who came up to me and asked why we haven't fixed the postbox on his street yet, I explained that due to repeated vandalism Royal Mail are now removing this particular box from service altogether.
Him "But you fixed it last time I blew it up"
Me "I see...well i don't know any more than that sir, but if you'd like to give me your name and address I'm sure my manager will be more than happy to get in touch provide you with details of alternatives in the local area"
The idiot gave me his details. I gave them to my manager, i like to think manager passed them on to police, but that one was moved on not long after so I have no idea what happened.
Minischoles
ROYAL MAIL CUSTOMER SERVICE
Posts: 154
Joined: 02 Jun 2012, 05:53
Gender: Male

Re: Ridiculous customer complaints.

Post by Minischoles »

You get some real odd complaints come through in customer service sometimes and an incredible amount of stupidity - to the point where you wonder how these people even function.

Series of complaints from a customer, he started every letter by stating we shouldn't use the title Mr - and threatened us with court action and claiming costs of £5,000 if we did.

Customer wanting to complain about a stamp issued in 2006 with a piece of artwork on it (bear in mind made this in 2013). Eventually wrote to the Chairman's Office when she got ignored over the phone.

A customer who drove from Glasgow to our customer services to hand deliver his claim and wouldn't leave until we had dealt with it.

The oddest one we ever had and this was years and years ago, a customer kept calling to complain that the mail was being collected 30 minutes late from a post box. So the DO are contacted, turns out the reason he's late - this guy stands in front of the post box for 30 minutes each night to stop the collection.
newtimes
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 595
Joined: 16 Feb 2012, 14:10
Gender: Male

Re: Ridiculous customer complaints.

Post by newtimes »

Not a RM complaint but I like it,

Subject: Top this for a speeding ticket...

Two British traffic patrol officers from North Berwick were involved in an unusual incident, while checking for speeding motorists on the A-1 Great North Road .

One of the officers (who are not named) used a hand-held radar device to check the speed of a vehicle approaching over the crest of a hill, and was surprised when the speed was recorded at over 300mph. The machine then stopped working and the officers were not able to reset it.

The radar had in fact latched on to a NATO Tornado fighter jet over the North Sea , which was engaged in a low-flying exercise over the Border district.

Back at police headquarters the chief constable fired off a stiff complaint to the RAF Liaison office.

Back came the reply in true laconic RAF style. 'Thank you for your message, which allows us to complete the file on this incident. You may be interested to know that the tactical computer in the Tornado had automatically locked on to your 'hostile radar equipment' and sent a jamming signal back to it. Furthermore, the Sidewinder Air-to-ground missiles aboard the fully-armed aircraft had also locked on to the target. Fortunately the Dutch pilot flying the Tornado responded to the missile status alert intelligently and was able to override the automatic protection system before the missile was launched'.
masterblaster
Posts: 285
Joined: 10 Sep 2010, 20:12
Gender: Male

Re: Ridiculous customer complaints.

Post by masterblaster »

MOAN 'Oh I didn't hear you knock on the door' - REPLY - Why are you opening it then?
NewPostieUK
Posts: 2104
Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
Gender: Male
Location: SickAsAChipLand

Re: Ridiculous customer complaints.

Post by NewPostieUK »

Grumpy woman opens door: 'I didn't hear you knock, I just saw your shadow'.

Me:'Well, I rang the bell'.

Her:' IT DOESN'T WORK!' (Looks at me like it's my fault).

Me:' Well, I always ring and knock, just in case'.

Her: 'Of course you do!' (Getting angry)

Me: Walk away bewildered, what did I do wrong?? :crazy:
tori
Posts: 9
Joined: 21 Nov 2013, 14:17
Gender: Female

Re: Ridiculous customer complaints.

Post by tori »

NewPostieUK wrote:Grumpy woman opens door: 'I didn't hear you knock, I just saw your shadow'.

Me:'Well, I rang the bell'.

Her:' IT DOESN'T WORK!' (Looks at me like it's my fault).

Me:' Well, I always ring and knock, just in case'.

Her: 'Of course you do!' (Getting angry)

Me: Walk away bewildered, what did I do wrong?? :crazy:
Ha! This happens all the time to me.

Some customers complain that I knock as they work night shifts. I'm sorry, how am I supposed to know this?!
Some customers complain that I don't just walk into their house and leave the parcel - "we leave the door unlocked". That's nice but I am not going to wander into your house.

The best one was when I had two large packets for one particular house, car was outside so guessed someone might be in. As I got to the door, heard loud music playing and terrible singing coming from inside, so I knocked on the door as loud as I could (no bell). I kept on knocking, and glanced at the upstairs window as I was sure the music/awful singing was coming from the house. Couldn't see anything due to sun reflection on the window. Knocked again, then left P739. Had wasted at least 5 minutes trying to deliver.
The next day... customer comes into Callers Office, and complained to PHG that I left a card, as he saw me outside, I didn't ring the doorbell (there isn't one?!!) and to top it off, I had made DIRECT eye contact with him! I was astonished - if all this had happened, why didn't he come and answer the door?!! :crazy:
mailman71
Posts: 500
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 08:03

Re: Ridiculous customer complaints.

Post by mailman71 »

Remember a guy years ago telling me that a customer gave him pelters for putting a letter through the door that was'nt for her,she said her name was x and not occupier the guy burst out laughing made his day the customer looked baffled she was'nt the sharpest tool in the box.
combo_king
Posts: 96
Joined: 06 Jan 2012, 22:40
Gender: Male

Re: Ridiculous customer complaints.

Post by combo_king »

had a guy want to fight me before for cutting across his garden ( slabs not grass ), had a woman complain i was the rudest person she ever met after she stopped me for her mail, done her the favour n gave it, yeah i know :no no she then decided she only wated some off it and tryed to hand some back, i told her you take it all or none at all and cycled off, end off i thought, so the usual lies were told to customer services about swearing and being agressive to her utter bullshit, also recently had a large chain store complain for using there letterbox at the staff entrance rather than walking into the shop