ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Job interview.... When will I know
-
Megz1234
- Posts: 18
- Joined: 13 Jan 2014, 13:48
- Gender: Female
Re: Job interview.... When will I know
Didnt get the job folks :( but i passed the interview. So gutted, and the job i wanted to apply for has gone on the website, as im on the waiting list. Oh well, its all gone wrong for me! It seems RM are discriminative against qualifications !
-
GT85
- Posts: 365
- Joined: 26 Nov 2013, 20:02
- Gender: Male
- Location: ASDO
Re: Job interview.... When will I know
Sorry to hear that Megz,
Make sure you sign up for job alerts so that you are aware if any suitable vacancies come up and don't forget that people on the waiting list get fast tracked to the front of the queue so all may not be lost.
Make sure you sign up for job alerts so that you are aware if any suitable vacancies come up and don't forget that people on the waiting list get fast tracked to the front of the queue so all may not be lost.
We're all here because we're not all there
-
shadowlost
- Posts: 11
- Joined: 11 Apr 2013, 11:31
- Gender: Male
Re: Job interview.... When will I know
sorry you didn't get the job but the same thing happened to me. (passed the interview etc) - i applied for similar job in a different office two weeks later and got it. if you are patient i'm sure you'll get the same outcome
-
datasaint
- Posts: 1541
- Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 17:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Job interview.... When will I know
Same thing happened to me. But within a week there was a position at a nearby depot with a 12 month contract instead of 3 and I landed that by emailing HR about it. Keep checking jobs on the website.Megz1234 wrote:Didnt get the job folks :( but i passed the interview. So gutted, and the job i wanted to apply for has gone on the website, as im on the waiting list. Oh well, its all gone wrong for me! It seems RM are discriminative against qualifications !
PS. If you can travel I would recommend doing that to get your foot in the door, even if you are set on working closer to home.
-
Megz1234
- Posts: 18
- Joined: 13 Jan 2014, 13:48
- Gender: Female
Re: Job interview.... When will I know
I will keep my eye out, but i live in one of the worst unemployment areas in the country and it is far from anywhere else to travel to, so i doubt another position would come up in 3 months.
-
GT85
- Posts: 365
- Joined: 26 Nov 2013, 20:02
- Gender: Male
- Location: ASDO
Re: Job interview.... When will I know
Maybe worth a phone call to your local Delivery Office Manager to see if any further vacancies may be coming up ?
We're all here because we're not all there
-
Laurajmac.x
- Posts: 4
- Joined: 20 Jan 2014, 14:03
- Gender: Female
Re: Job interview.... When will I know
Hey Guys and Girlies :)
I've applied, been interviewed and been offered a position for postwoman with driving providing i pass the checks (Im a good girl tho
).
On Wedsnesday i had an email asking me to answer the 4 questions and now the status on my online application is set to ''PROCESSING SECURITY CHECKS''.
I've sent over my mugshot for my I.D card and everything.
I was just wondering if these checks do usually take the full 14 working days to come back?
I've seen on here there's an induction day soon for Bristol and thats not too far from me so hoping they might send me there and not make me wait any longer!
Thanks
I've applied, been interviewed and been offered a position for postwoman with driving providing i pass the checks (Im a good girl tho
On Wedsnesday i had an email asking me to answer the 4 questions and now the status on my online application is set to ''PROCESSING SECURITY CHECKS''.
I've sent over my mugshot for my I.D card and everything.
I was just wondering if these checks do usually take the full 14 working days to come back?
I've seen on here there's an induction day soon for Bristol and thats not too far from me so hoping they might send me there and not make me wait any longer!
Thanks
-
Jessllew
- Posts: 34
- Joined: 07 Jan 2014, 07:45
- Gender: Female
Re: Job interview.... When will I know
Hi Laura ... Sounds like ur at the same stage as me ... I've sent my mug shot, answered the four q's ... And now my status says processing security checks :0)
xx
xx
-
Laurajmac.x
- Posts: 4
- Joined: 20 Jan 2014, 14:03
- Gender: Female
Re: Job interview.... When will I know
Jessllew wrote:Hi Laura ... Sounds like ur at the same stage as me ... I've sent my mug shot, answered the four q's ... And now my status says processing security checks :0)
xx
This whole process takes soo long. I need to work now....i'm getting soo bored!
Lets just hope theres not another 4 week wait for the induction and we will be able to start soon... xxx
YAYYY!!!
-
Jessllew
- Posts: 34
- Joined: 07 Jan 2014, 07:45
- Gender: Female
Re: Job interview.... When will I know
I hope so too :0) xx
-
Barbel
- Posts: 593
- Joined: 21 Sep 2012, 16:11
- Gender: Male
Re: Job interview.... When will I know
I was put on a 3 month waiting list too but got a phone call in the 3rd month offering me the job. This has happened to a few people I've spoken to so don't give up hope yet.
-
kirstyx
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 147
- Joined: 24 Jul 2012, 16:45
- Gender: Female
Re: Job interview.... When will I know
hope they use yor photo they didnt use mine and i ended up having my pic taken by a manger at the end of my route all red faced sweaty and soaking wet cos of the rain and to top it off he caght me rolling my eyes and pulling a face lol. i refuse to let anyone see it. by the way bristol induction best bit is the canteen its amazing, i guess you may be in the same area as me
Laurajmac.x wrote:Hey Guys and Girlies :)
I've applied, been interviewed and been offered a position for postwoman with driving providing i pass the checks (Im a good girl tho).
On Wedsnesday i had an email asking me to answer the 4 questions and now the status on my online application is set to ''PROCESSING SECURITY CHECKS''.
I've sent over my mugshot for my I.D card and everything.
I was just wondering if these checks do usually take the full 14 working days to come back?
I've seen on here there's an induction day soon for Bristol and thats not too far from me so hoping they might send me there and not make me wait any longer!
Thanks
-
channy82
- Posts: 3
- Joined: 25 Jan 2014, 17:22
- Gender: Female
Re: Job interview.... When will I know
Hi everyone,
I'm in the same boat as some others on here. I applied for a role on the 1st of Dec and had an interview on the 10th. By the 24th I had an email to say I'd passed the assessment and I have all the what happens next info. The 27th I had another email to say they were submitting my security checks. On the 15th of Jan the status changed to 'security checks passed' but since then I have heard nothing. What happens now? I have to work 4 weeks notice from my current job so can't really drop everything and go to an induction etc spur of the moment haha.
I'm getting sick of waiting, just an email to say I'm on a waiting list would be something at least! arrrgghh
I'm in the same boat as some others on here. I applied for a role on the 1st of Dec and had an interview on the 10th. By the 24th I had an email to say I'd passed the assessment and I have all the what happens next info. The 27th I had another email to say they were submitting my security checks. On the 15th of Jan the status changed to 'security checks passed' but since then I have heard nothing. What happens now? I have to work 4 weeks notice from my current job so can't really drop everything and go to an induction etc spur of the moment haha.
I'm getting sick of waiting, just an email to say I'm on a waiting list would be something at least! arrrgghh
-
Jessllew
- Posts: 34
- Joined: 07 Jan 2014, 07:45
- Gender: Female
Re: Job interview.... When will I know
Chaney I am in the exact same boat... Mine now says security checks passed.... But I've heard nothing off rm :(
Worrying now :0/
Worrying now :0/
-
Postie45
- Posts: 2160
- Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
- Gender: Male
Re: Job interview.... When will I know
to the OP
i started over 5 years ago, but i recall that i attended an interview, didnt hear anything back and actually got another job and thought no more about it. Then, a few months later i got a letter telling me that my Royal Mail training will being on the following Monday at 9am !
i started over 5 years ago, but i recall that i attended an interview, didnt hear anything back and actually got another job and thought no more about it. Then, a few months later i got a letter telling me that my Royal Mail training will being on the following Monday at 9am !