Extra money,how does that work?srilfc2013 wrote:Been portering since it was brought in near Christmas.This is my last week doing it as nobody likes the idea of it,sorters keep moaning that the mail is backing up and also it bores the sh1t out of me.The extra money is good but I would rather do prep much more straight forward and less stressful
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Porters, what's the point?
-
Jamesethefirst
- Posts: 146
- Joined: 10 Dec 2013, 17:48
- Gender: Male
Re: Porters, what's the point?
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72767
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Porters, what's the point?

All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Himaggen
- Posts: 993
- Joined: 09 Oct 2007, 23:40
Re: Porters, what's the point?
Will this help?DGP1 wrote:What's a porter?![]()
![]()
![]()

-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72767
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Porters, what's the point?
The most badly designed bit of kit ever, hard to steer, poor level to lift from and just at the level for people who are not watching what they are doing to walk into it.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
PhilthyPhil
- Posts: 1155
- Joined: 23 Nov 2007, 19:15
Re: Porters, what's the point?
They have to be that height though otherwise you would not be able to empty the bottom rows of the frame!
-
Chelseablue
- Posts: 2227
- Joined: 19 Aug 2013, 14:33
- Gender: Female
Re: Porters, what's the point?
Janet street porter mmmmmmmmm
-
dohnut
- Posts: 658
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:15
- Gender: Male
Re: Porters, what's the point?
srilfc2013 wrote:Been portering since it was brought in near Christmas.This is my last week doing it as nobody likes the idea of it,sorters keep moaning that the mail is backing up and also it bores the sh1t out of me.The extra money is good but I would rather do prep much more straight forward and less stressful
You get extra money for portering?.
-
Sidley
- Posts: 653
- Joined: 16 Jun 2012, 22:01
- Gender: Male
Re: Porters, what's the point?
Well I did, insofar as I was getting full time hours for doing it as opposed to my part time hours.
-
srilfc2013
- Posts: 77
- Joined: 10 Jul 2013, 19:36
- Gender: Male
Re: Porters, what's the point?
sorry forgot to say I am part-time 9-3 so portering was overtime as no full timers wanted to do itdohnut wrote:srilfc2013 wrote:Been portering since it was brought in near Christmas.This is my last week doing it as nobody likes the idea of it,sorters keep moaning that the mail is backing up and also it bores the sh1t out of me.The extra money is good but I would rather do prep much more straight forward and less stressful
You get extra money for portering?.
-
WHITEANT
- Posts: 312
- Joined: 17 May 2009, 23:02
- Gender: Male
Re: Porters, what's the point?
The DO tells us it saves half an hour by not going round for your own mail (lapsing )but when there isn't a porter and we highlight this it only takes 5 mins !!!! 
-
Caniel
- Posts: 623
- Joined: 03 Jul 2009, 18:25
- Gender: Female
- Location: The Batcave
Re: Porters, what's the point?
dem teeth!Chelseablue wrote:Janet street porter mmmmmmmmm
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
Re: Porters, what's the point?
We have some very portly porters in our place I have to get my own but I start on time while they don't!