Yeah im really inpatient! the interview went really well i think, but you never know at the end of the day!
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Job interview.... When will I know
-
Megz1234
- Posts: 18
- Joined: 13 Jan 2014, 13:48
- Gender: Female
Re: Job interview.... When will I know
Dumfries in scotland, what about you?
Yeah im really inpatient! the interview went really well i think, but you never know at the end of the day!
Yeah im really inpatient! the interview went really well i think, but you never know at the end of the day!
-
Jessllew
- Posts: 34
- Joined: 07 Jan 2014, 07:45
- Gender: Female
Re: Job interview.... When will I know
Mansfield .... Nottingham :0) yeah rly nervous I am. I think the interview went great as was prepared for all the questions after looking up on here what they any ask lol :0) how long was you in the interview for ..... I was only in there 20 mins but some people say they where in there for a hour :0/
-
Megz1234
- Posts: 18
- Joined: 13 Jan 2014, 13:48
- Gender: Female
Re: Job interview.... When will I know
Yeah i was about half an hour, i felt my questions were quite hard the compentency questions anyway haha, but i answered them all fine i think ,
I think i was in there a bit longer because i had to explain my 5 year work history as all the dates were messed up because i had trouble filling out the form online (stupid thing) so i hope that didnt put him off. But he seemed keen on me since he said he needed more female posties as there is only ONE in my area.
You'll have to let me know what happens, i reckon you might hear tomorrow! Fingers crossed!
I think i was in there a bit longer because i had to explain my 5 year work history as all the dates were messed up because i had trouble filling out the form online (stupid thing) so i hope that didnt put him off. But he seemed keen on me since he said he needed more female posties as there is only ONE in my area.
You'll have to let me know what happens, i reckon you might hear tomorrow! Fingers crossed!
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Job interview.... When will I know
That's a big thing in your favour at the moment.Megz1234 wrote:But he seemed keen on me since he said he needed more female posties as there is only ONE in my area.
Over 82% of us guys in operations....are guys and they are looking to balance the gender imbalance.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
Megz1234
- Posts: 18
- Joined: 13 Jan 2014, 13:48
- Gender: Female
Re: Job interview.... When will I know
Yeah hopefully it will work in my favour, but ive been unemployed since october last year and every job ive went for they've said im "over" qualified. So i dont know what i'll do, if i dont get this
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Job interview.... When will I know
RM don't usually play the overqualified card in my experience,unfortunately they don't play the underqualified card either as you'll see if you do get the job.Megz1234 wrote:Yeah hopefully it will work in my favour, but ive been unemployed since october last year and every job ive went for they've said im "over" qualified. So i dont know what i'll do, if i dont get this
We're an odd collection of strange fish, some of them far too clever to be delivering mail for a living and some of them leave you wondering how they manage to dress themselves in the morning.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
Megz1234
- Posts: 18
- Joined: 13 Jan 2014, 13:48
- Gender: Female
Re: Job interview.... When will I know
Haha yeah, i hope they dont discriminate on the same reasons as every other employer. Will just be the luck of the draw im guessing!
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Job interview.... When will I know
I've got Velcro trainersfishtank wrote:RM don't usually play the overqualified card in my experience,unfortunately they don't play the underqualified card either as you'll see if you do get the job.Megz1234 wrote:Yeah hopefully it will work in my favour, but ive been unemployed since october last year and every job ive went for they've said im "over" qualified. So i dont know what i'll do, if i dont get this
We're an odd collection of strange fish, some of them far too clever to be delivering mail for a living and some of them leave you wondering how they manage to dress themselves in the morning.
-
bustedflush
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1493
- Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Job interview.... When will I know
Fishtank has got it spot on in his last post.Megz1234 wrote:Haha yeah, i hope they dont discriminate on the same reasons as every other employer. Will just be the luck of the draw im guessing!
I have a degree, as does another colleague I've walked with, and I would safely assume there are a few others at least that I'm not aware of in the office. You may be surprised but a F/T postie with OT earns far more than the average graduate in many occupations. It's as much a lifestyle as a job. Then again, as fishtank stated, you wonder how some guys are allowed out of their homes each morning without professional supervision. But whichever of the two extremes you belong to, or in between, you will all make the same mistakes, get bitten by the same dogs and go out in the same weather and wear the same uniform and be paid the same. I would advise joining the CWU. Due to the constantly changing daily workloads and stresses, the boundaries are sometimes blurred or forgotten and the rep. can usually put your mind at rest. I had never joined a union in 25 years of work until RM. I had never felt I needed to before. Good luck when you start, you'll likely be on the same round for 3 -5 weeks which helps when you're new.
-
Jessllew
- Posts: 34
- Joined: 07 Jan 2014, 07:45
- Gender: Female
Re: Job interview.... When will I know
Yes megz fingers crossed for you to :0) make sure you let me know how you do :0)
I think the interview went ok :0) but like u said the questions where mostly drawn out lol.
I've been unemployed nearly a year now since coming out the army :0( and every interview I've gone for the longer your unemployed the less likely you are to get the job :0(
I hope I hear very soon :0)
I think the interview went ok :0) but like u said the questions where mostly drawn out lol.
I've been unemployed nearly a year now since coming out the army :0( and every interview I've gone for the longer your unemployed the less likely you are to get the job :0(
I hope I hear very soon :0)
-
Jessllew
- Posts: 34
- Joined: 07 Jan 2014, 07:45
- Gender: Female
Re: Job interview.... When will I know
Also I was worried about being a female applying for this job.... As you don't see many female posties do you :0/
-
tasam
- Posts: 202
- Joined: 04 Jun 2007, 15:49
Re: Job interview.... When will I know
Depends on where you are. There's quite a few in my office but it's a large office.Jessllew wrote:Also I was worried about being a female applying for this job.... As you don't see many female posties do you :0/
-
Jessllew
- Posts: 34
- Joined: 07 Jan 2014, 07:45
- Gender: Female
Re: Job interview.... When will I know
Oh that's good :0) very rare I see female ones :0/
-
Megz1234
- Posts: 18
- Joined: 13 Jan 2014, 13:48
- Gender: Female
Re: Job interview.... When will I know
Yeah like i said in my area there is only one female out of 80 men posties. Well i am a qualified veterinary nurse, which i thought may put them off and all my previous employments have been to do with animals, but this is a sector and career which i would like to get into and change, as ive been in too much stress from my previous jobs etc.
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Job interview.... When will I know
We have about 15 which is about 10% or slightly under perhaps.