ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Job interview.... When will I know
-
tasam
- Posts: 202
- Joined: 04 Jun 2007, 15:49
Re: Job interview.... When will I know
FUBAR can also be appropriate for RM.
-
Jessllew
- Posts: 34
- Joined: 07 Jan 2014, 07:45
- Gender: Female
Re: Job interview.... When will I know
Well 5 days after my interview now..... And my status still says "Interview Booked" :0/
-
OnAFlyer
- Posts: 1938
- Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 14:24
- Gender: Male
Re: Job interview.... When will I know
I got a phone call 2 hours after I had the interview, things must have changed!bustedflush wrote:Crikey, interview-to-employment with RM is usually 2-3 months. They have to do CRB checks etc. first. You'll have probably forgotten the interview and be in another job when you get a phone call out of the blue requesting you to attend an induction day in a week or two's time. Some people get in quicker though, depends on how desperate the local DO's are and when induction days can be arranged.
-
Jessllew
- Posts: 34
- Joined: 07 Jan 2014, 07:45
- Gender: Female
Re: Job interview.... When will I know
Well I went on Tuesday .... It's now Saturday and I've heard nothing :0( not even a status update on Royal Mail website :0(
-
GT85
- Posts: 365
- Joined: 26 Nov 2013, 20:02
- Gender: Male
- Location: ASDO
Re: Job interview.... When will I know
Don't panic, Royal Mail recruitment is unlike any other I have experienced, the timings of things is very random to say the least (forget the guideline figure of 7 weeks) Just check your application status everyday and eventually it will change to the next step. I never received an email from the same person in HR more than once and would often get emails that contradicted each other.
Do a search on RM recruitment process and you will see you're not alone it's just the way it is.
You could of probably applied for and completed the recruitment process for loads of other jobs in the time it takes tbh.
Good luck
Do a search on RM recruitment process and you will see you're not alone it's just the way it is.
You could of probably applied for and completed the recruitment process for loads of other jobs in the time it takes tbh.
Good luck
We're all here because we're not all there
-
datasaint
- Posts: 1541
- Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 17:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Job interview.... When will I know
You could always fire off an email to HR to ask what the status of your application is.
Shows your keen anyway.
Shows your keen anyway.
-
Rudolph_Hucker
- Posts: 196
- Joined: 21 Mar 2013, 18:19
- Gender: Male
- Location: Sorry but you don't have the necessary security clearance.
Re: Job interview.... When will I know
I think you will here early next week if you have passed the interview or not. You will get an email late in the afternoon.
You could pass the interview but not be offered a position at the office you attended the interview at. They could well pick somebody who lives nearer.
If you pass the interview but you not not offered a job then you will be put on the waiting list for three months. In that three months if a vacancy occurs, in any office you want to apply for, then you go to the top of the list.
You could pass the interview but not be offered a position at the office you attended the interview at. They could well pick somebody who lives nearer.
If you pass the interview but you not not offered a job then you will be put on the waiting list for three months. In that three months if a vacancy occurs, in any office you want to apply for, then you go to the top of the list.
If you do a job too well, you’ll get stuck with it.
-
Jessllew
- Posts: 34
- Joined: 07 Jan 2014, 07:45
- Gender: Female
Re: Job interview.... When will I know
Will defo email them tomorrow as I'm a bit concerned why it still only says interview attended :(
Do a lot of people who are on the waiting list end up with employment to ? In the interview he brought the distance issue up twice ..... It's only 6 miles away but I don't think he liked the idea.
Do a lot of people who are on the waiting list end up with employment to ? In the interview he brought the distance issue up twice ..... It's only 6 miles away but I don't think he liked the idea.
-
Jessllew
- Posts: 34
- Joined: 07 Jan 2014, 07:45
- Gender: Female
Re: Job interview.... When will I know
Checked today and it's changed to interview attended now :0)
-
Rudolph_Hucker
- Posts: 196
- Joined: 21 Mar 2013, 18:19
- Gender: Male
- Location: Sorry but you don't have the necessary security clearance.
Re: Job interview.... When will I know
I can't speak for anybody else but it happened to me.Jessllew wrote:Will defo email them tomorrow as I'm a bit concerned why it still only says interview attended :(
Do a lot of people who are on the waiting list end up with employment to ? In the interview he brought the distance issue up twice ..... It's only 6 miles away but I don't think he liked the idea.
I attended an interview, passed it but was not offered a position. I was told I would be put on the waiting list and could apply when vacancies became available.
No more than three weeks later, one popped up on the website, I applied and here I am.
If you do a job too well, you’ll get stuck with it.
-
GT85
- Posts: 365
- Joined: 26 Nov 2013, 20:02
- Gender: Male
- Location: ASDO
Re: Job interview.... When will I know
Same as me so I had another look and there was exactly the same job being advertised so I emailed them and got that one. Once you go onto the waiting list you will get (relatively) fast tracked through for any job you apply for.I attended an interview, passed it but was not offered a position. I was told I would be put on the waiting list and could apply when vacancies became available.
We're all here because we're not all there
-
Jessllew
- Posts: 34
- Joined: 07 Jan 2014, 07:45
- Gender: Female
Re: Job interview.... When will I know
That's fab :0)
It's like a bloody waiting game ... Nearly a week and don't know if I got it yet lol, so if you get put on the waiting list ..... Do u just apply like normal and they automatically know you've been for a interview etc?
It's like a bloody waiting game ... Nearly a week and don't know if I got it yet lol, so if you get put on the waiting list ..... Do u just apply like normal and they automatically know you've been for a interview etc?
-
GT85
- Posts: 365
- Joined: 26 Nov 2013, 20:02
- Gender: Male
- Location: ASDO
-
Megz1234
- Posts: 18
- Joined: 13 Jan 2014, 13:48
- Gender: Female
Re: Job interview.... When will I know
I went for my interview on thursday last week, still havent heard. I hate waiting :( Good luck to you as well!
-
Jessllew
- Posts: 34
- Joined: 07 Jan 2014, 07:45
- Gender: Female
Re: Job interview.... When will I know
Good luck megz .... Where about was your interview?
Yeah it's horrible not knowing isn't it.
Yeah it's horrible not knowing isn't it.