ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Newton Abbot postie to go on Mastermind

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72738
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Newton Abbot postie to go on Mastermind

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

http://www.torquayheraldexpress.co.uk/N ... story.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Image

A Newton Abbot postman, who is set to appear on Mastermind, has remained tight lipped on how he did on the renowned TV quiz.

Allan Macpherson, 52, from Denbury said he fulfilled a life time ambition to be on the show, with his specialist subject Barcelona FC.

His appearance will be televised on January 17.

“I went through the audition process and filmed for the programme back in July,” said Allan.

“Being on the show is something I’ve always wanted to do. I’ve always been good at general knowledge and trivia.

“I had to pick four subjects, and two of them had already been used by Mastermind and the third was deemed not suitable, so my fourth was selected. I only had ten days to get ready."

Quiz king, Allan who has appeared on 15 to 1 and Today’s the Day, loved being part of the show.

“The one thing that stands out was sitting in the famous black chair,” said Allan, who is a big Barcelona FC fan and travels abroad to see them.

“It suddenly hit me when I heard the theme music that I was on the show and I felt nervous for a matter of a few seconds. Then I focused and did the best I could.”
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: Newton Abbot postie to go on Mastermind

Post by fishtank »

I had to pick four subjects, and two of them had already been used by Mastermind and the third was deemed not suitable
Symptoms of sexually transmitted diseases?
The life and times of Jimmy Saville?
Adolf Hitler's favourite after dinner speeches?
Which was it Allan?
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
hubbahubba
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 1045
Joined: 24 Jun 2009, 22:02
Gender: Female

Re: Newton Abbot postie to go on Mastermind

Post by hubbahubba »

fishtank wrote:
I had to pick four subjects, and two of them had already been used by Mastermind and the third was deemed not suitable
Symptoms of sexually transmitted diseases?
The life and times of Jimmy Saville?
Adolf Hitler's favourite after dinner speeches?
Which was it Allan?
I heard a whisper it was "The delivery aspect of RM/CWU's new agreement.... :nervous
same as it ever was...
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Re: Newton Abbot postie to go on Mastermind

Post by Lounge Lizard »

A Newton Abbot postman, who is set to appear on Mastermind, has remained tight lipped on how he did on the renowned TV quiz.
“I had to pick four subjects, and two of them had already been used by Mastermind and the third was deemed not suitable, so my fourth was selected. I only had ten days to get ready." :shock:
Was "the third was deemed not suitable" race courses of Devon ? :crazy:
eric the viking
PARCELFORCE
Posts: 228
Joined: 01 Oct 2012, 20:49
Gender: Male
Location: south west

Re: Newton Abbot postie to go on Mastermind

Post by eric the viking »

Lounge Lizard wrote:A Newton Abbot postman, who is set to appear on Mastermind, has remained tight lipped on how he did on the renowned TV quiz.
“I had to pick four subjects, and two of them had already been used by Mastermind and the third was deemed not suitable, so my fourth was selected. I only had ten days to get ready." :shock:
Was "the third was deemed not suitable" race courses of Devon ? :crazy:
There are two, three if you count point to point at now disused one at Buckfastleigh !
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Re: Newton Abbot postie to go on Mastermind

Post by Lounge Lizard »

eric the viking wrote:
Lounge Lizard wrote:A Newton Abbot postman, who is set to appear on Mastermind, has remained tight lipped on how he did on the renowned TV quiz.
“I had to pick four subjects, and two of them had already been used by Mastermind and the third was deemed not suitable, so my fourth was selected. I only had ten days to get ready." :shock:
Was "the third was deemed not suitable" race courses of Devon ? :crazy:
There are two, three if you count point to point at now disused one at Buckfastleigh !
Two, yes, a minute on each, but it was still deemed 'not suitable'. :sad:
Incidentally, I've stayed in Newton Abbot's Union Inn and got round a few of the town's other pubs. :nana :nana
Stormproof
Posts: 6116
Joined: 07 Jul 2007, 21:03
Gender: Female

Re: Newton Abbot postie to go on Mastermind

Post by Stormproof »

I had to pick four subjects, and two of them had already been used by Mastermind and the third was deemed not suitable
The benefits of WCM? could'nt come up with any questions :cuppa
So keep on moving, moving, moving your feet
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets


Illegitimi non carborundum
redandblue
Posts: 104
Joined: 24 Jul 2013, 21:42
Gender: Male

Re: Newton Abbot postie to go on Mastermind

Post by redandblue »

fishtank wrote:
I had to pick four subjects, and two of them had already been used by Mastermind and the third was deemed not suitable
Symptoms of sexually transmitted diseases?
The life and times of Jimmy Saville?
Adolf Hitler's favourite after dinner speeches?
Which was it Allan?
The successes of Moya Greene? :thumbdown