ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Amazon deliveries on Sunday

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
janitor
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 689
Joined: 28 Aug 2007, 16:18
Gender: Male

Re: Amazon deliveries on Sunday

Post by janitor »

I'd be much happier if amazon concentrated on prividing a choice of carrier, so my delivery arrives where I want it when I want, rather than having to put up with companies that provide a late, or as in the last order not turn up at all, and a proper tracking system rather than just assuming the person who opens a door is the intended recipient.
SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 12206
Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
Gender: Male

Re: Amazon deliveries on Sunday

Post by SpacePhoenix »

janitor wrote:and a proper tracking system rather than just assuming the person who opens a door is the intended recipient.
Don't forget that 24 and 48 (1st and 2nd class) aren't tracked through the system while with every other courier they track every single last item. I wouldn't be surprised if within 5 years every last item that goes through RM's network will be trackable (at least any stuff sent by a business). RM and every other courier deliver to the address, so whoever is at an address (or any employee if the address is a business) can sign for something.
janitor
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 689
Joined: 28 Aug 2007, 16:18
Gender: Male

Re: Amazon deliveries on Sunday

Post by janitor »

I'm not talking about RM, i get a very good and reliable service. I'm talking about Amazons own deliveries, they are tracked, and meant to be signed for, but have still had items not delivered, but allegedly signed for by recipient.