Exactly as I said under certain circumstancesbringon4dayweeks wrote:Staff don’t have to work on Sundays if they’re:zx135 wrote:you can only opt out if you work in a retail shop or a betting shop in some circumstances, as long as royal mail give appropriate notice to change your working hours they can change it, they would possibly have a fight with the union, but seeing as it would either possibly safe guard existing jobs or possibly increase the staff head count i dont think the union would be fighting too hard against itgluteus maximus wrote:Just a point to make, Sunday working is voluntary. You cannot be forced into sunday working unless employee and employer both agree to it, or it is included in your contract of employment . If sunday working is brought in then you can opt out of sunday working
shop workers who started before 26 August 1994 and are still with the same employer (in Northern Ireland, this is before 4 December 1997)
betting shop workers who started before 2 January 1995 and are still with the same employer (in Northern Ireland, this is before 26 February 2004)
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
2014 Sunday working rumour
-
IcanthelpthewayIam
- Posts: 4067
- Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
- Gender: Male
Re: 2014 Sunday working rumour
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72767
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: 2014 Sunday working rumour
I am seriously getting fed up being a Moderator of this site.
Some people on this thread need to read the rules and stop the name calling and childish comments. If they don't then I will start becoming even stricter and will ban people who disregard the rules of this community, permanently.
Some people call this site a group for undereducated fools, skinheads and knuckle draggers - the sad thing is some on here reinforce that stereotype and its pissing me off. I and a lot of others put a lot of effort in our free time to post on here and I will not let immature posters who can't follow the rules, or who react badly to criticism threaten the site with ill thought out posts.
We are a public site, act like you would do in public when having an adult conversation over a meal, not a load of boozed up students on freshers night.
Some people on this thread need to read the rules and stop the name calling and childish comments. If they don't then I will start becoming even stricter and will ban people who disregard the rules of this community, permanently.
Some people call this site a group for undereducated fools, skinheads and knuckle draggers - the sad thing is some on here reinforce that stereotype and its pissing me off. I and a lot of others put a lot of effort in our free time to post on here and I will not let immature posters who can't follow the rules, or who react badly to criticism threaten the site with ill thought out posts.
We are a public site, act like you would do in public when having an adult conversation over a meal, not a load of boozed up students on freshers night.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
gosickwithstress
- Posts: 69
- Joined: 16 Mar 2013, 12:28
- Gender: Male
Sunday Delivery A Reality ?
Sunday Delivery's may soon become part of our job, All year round.
There could be a profitable massive market for a 7 day delivery service in the future.
Talks and plans may have already started with a gradual plan of introduction
to start from 5 years from now. Sunday Delivery may start as a premium
service on a light parcel voluntary overtime basis, with part time in mind.
But this then may lead to a non premium ordinary service becoming
normality, With employees working 5 out 7 days rotational including
Sunday's, Or covered by part time weekend staff. If this keeps jobs
I think even the CWU will support this. With a massive further increase
in parcels some what under predicted, I a am sure the are many more
changes and further revisions to come.
We love parcels 
There could be a profitable massive market for a 7 day delivery service in the future.
Talks and plans may have already started with a gradual plan of introduction
to start from 5 years from now. Sunday Delivery may start as a premium
service on a light parcel voluntary overtime basis, with part time in mind.
But this then may lead to a non premium ordinary service becoming
normality, With employees working 5 out 7 days rotational including
Sunday's, Or covered by part time weekend staff. If this keeps jobs
I think even the CWU will support this. With a massive further increase
in parcels some what under predicted, I a am sure the are many more
changes and further revisions to come.
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Re: 2014 Sunday working rumour
where from ?Puppetmaster wrote:Heard from different sources ,strong rumour of 2014 Sunday working .
Most likely voluntary ,delivering packets but the 2 sides cannot agree on a pay rate .
The current view point of many I know is Sunday working pay rate is a joke !
Why every xmas they struggle to get guys in to cover packets as the pay rate is a joke.
-
mailman71
- Posts: 500
- Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 08:03
Re: 2014 Sunday working rumour
I think that you can never rule out Sunday deliveries in the future,the world of employment is changing all the time.
I believe that employers like Royal Mail and other delivery firms will see the pound signs dangling and push for this,with the unemployment figures as they are firms know that getting staff to work Sundays won't be a problem.
I believe that employers like Royal Mail and other delivery firms will see the pound signs dangling and push for this,with the unemployment figures as they are firms know that getting staff to work Sundays won't be a problem.
-
Darren Bent
- Posts: 2150
- Joined: 05 Oct 2007, 15:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: Pride Park, Derby, DE24 8XL
Re: 2014 Sunday working rumour
if this happens and we work 7 days a week, it will f*** up wallington walks system with a week off every 6 weeks. Imagine the nightmares having Saturday off, it will get even worse.
Could it work FT work Monday to Thursday and PT work Friday to Sunday.
Could it work FT work Monday to Thursday and PT work Friday to Sunday.
-
UnhappyGremlin
- Posts: 2685
- Joined: 18 May 2012, 20:49
- Gender: Male
- Location: Hiding
Re: 2014 Sunday working rumour
7 days a week will never happen. Probably illegal. (You can work X amount of days in a row, but rest days will still have to be taken.)Darren Bent wrote:if this happens and we work 7 days a week, it will f*** up wallington walks system with a week off every 6 weeks. Imagine the nightmares having Saturday off, it will get even worse.
Could it work FT work Monday to Thursday and PT work Friday to Sunday.
And if the FT and PT staff had attendance patterns like that, it would leave RM open to a lot of complaints.
Personally, I'd advise all PT staff to file a discrimination complaint.
It goes against Equalities and Diversities Act 2008/9. (European law, fully adopted by the UK, and signed up to by RM).
Sometimes, I wish I wasn't a Rep.