ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Mother upset after she says £60 went missing in the post
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72738
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Mother upset after she says £60 went missing in the post
Mother upset after she says £60 went missing in the Royal Mail post
http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk ... story.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
A PENCLAWDD mother is distraught after her son failed to receive the £60 in shopping vouchers she sent to him in Leeds using the Royal Mail.
Ruby Davies, 57, said she originally paid £6.22 for the vouchers to be sent by special delivery to her 22 year old son Paul’s house in Leeds.
The mother of four said: “I went into Penclawdd post office and asked for the vouchers to be sent by special delivery and thought no more of it.”
Ms Davies said the post got to her son on Monday but nobody was around to sign for it so a note was left.
She said: “When he went to collect his post he was told it was missing.
“I am very upset as I have my receipts to prove I sent it and want to get some compensation.
“I saved from January to October in order to afford to buy my son the vouchers so it is very upsetting that they have gone missing,
“To me £60 is a lot of money and I will be a lot worse off now it is lost.
“I have tried all the different ways to contact Royal Mail but have heard nothing back.
“I just don’t know what to do as I do not seem to be getting answers.”
Mike Norman, a Royal Mail spokesman, said: “We are sorry to hear of the problems the customer has experienced and apologise for the inconvenience caused.
“Unfortunately, on this occasion, we are unable to pay compensation for the missing item as the customer was unable to provide some of the evidence required to complete the claim.
“Whilst we process millions of items each day without incident, we are not complacent about these matters.
“Everything possible is done to ensure mail integrity is preserved.”
Did Royal Mail fail to deliver for you this Christmas? Email postnews@swwmedia.co.uk
http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk ... story.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
A PENCLAWDD mother is distraught after her son failed to receive the £60 in shopping vouchers she sent to him in Leeds using the Royal Mail.
Ruby Davies, 57, said she originally paid £6.22 for the vouchers to be sent by special delivery to her 22 year old son Paul’s house in Leeds.
The mother of four said: “I went into Penclawdd post office and asked for the vouchers to be sent by special delivery and thought no more of it.”
Ms Davies said the post got to her son on Monday but nobody was around to sign for it so a note was left.
She said: “When he went to collect his post he was told it was missing.
“I am very upset as I have my receipts to prove I sent it and want to get some compensation.
“I saved from January to October in order to afford to buy my son the vouchers so it is very upsetting that they have gone missing,
“To me £60 is a lot of money and I will be a lot worse off now it is lost.
“I have tried all the different ways to contact Royal Mail but have heard nothing back.
“I just don’t know what to do as I do not seem to be getting answers.”
Mike Norman, a Royal Mail spokesman, said: “We are sorry to hear of the problems the customer has experienced and apologise for the inconvenience caused.
“Unfortunately, on this occasion, we are unable to pay compensation for the missing item as the customer was unable to provide some of the evidence required to complete the claim.
“Whilst we process millions of items each day without incident, we are not complacent about these matters.
“Everything possible is done to ensure mail integrity is preserved.”
Did Royal Mail fail to deliver for you this Christmas? Email postnews@swwmedia.co.uk
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
martin the green
- Posts: 157
- Joined: 20 Jan 2012, 16:20
- Gender: Male
Re: Mother upset after she says £60 went missing in the post
but surely you have to declare value for special delivery
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Mother upset after she says £60 went missing in the post
Ms Davies said the post got to her son on Monday but nobody was around to sign for it so a note was left.
She said: “When he went to collect his post he was told it was missing.
Something isn't right here,Assuming what Ms Davies says is right...“Unfortunately, on this occasion, we are unable to pay compensation for the missing item as the customer was unable to provide some of the evidence required to complete the claim.
If it gets a P739 and goes back to the locker it has to be scanned back in.
If you then turn up to collect it and it isn't there and hasn't been scanned back out what more feckin evidence do you need that we've screwed up. Sometimes we're our own worst enemy publicity wise.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
PhilthyPhil
- Posts: 1155
- Joined: 23 Nov 2007, 19:15
Re: Mother upset after she says £60 went missing in the post
I don't think there is any dispute over whether it has gone missing or not, most likely it is the evidence of the value of the contents which is missingfishtank wrote:Something isn't right here,Assuming what Ms Davies says is right...![]()
If it gets a P739 and goes back to the locker it has to be scanned back in.
If you then turn up to collect it and it isn't there and hasn't been scanned back out what more feckin evidence do you need that we've screwed up. Sometimes we're our own worst enemy publicity wise.
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Mother upset after she says £60 went missing in the post
It isn't exactly what you would call an inflated claim.PhilthyPhil wrote:I don't think there is any dispute over whether it has gone missing or not, most likely it is the evidence of the value of the contents which is missing
It's £60 in shopping vouchers not £2,000 in gold gone missing.
If it's a get rich quick scam it's a piss poor one.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Re: Mother upset after she says £60 went missing in the post
Something isn't right here.
She days “I am very upset as I have my receipts to prove I sent it and want to get some compensation" so if she has the receipts to prove she sent it and Royal Mail can't provide a signature for delivery than surely she has a valid claim and will be refunded £60 compensation for it.
She days “I am very upset as I have my receipts to prove I sent it and want to get some compensation" so if she has the receipts to prove she sent it and Royal Mail can't provide a signature for delivery than surely she has a valid claim and will be refunded £60 compensation for it.
-
Sidley
- Posts: 653
- Joined: 16 Jun 2012, 22:01
- Gender: Male
Re: Mother upset after she says £60 went missing in the post
Probably not £60 as it seems she cannot provide, what I guess is, a receipt to prove the value of the goods she has sent.
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Re: Mother upset after she says £60 went missing in the post
Yes, I've just found this on the Royal Mail websiteSidley wrote:Probably not £60 as it seems she cannot provide, what I guess is, a receipt to prove the value of the goods she has sent.
"4. Can I claim compensation if my item is damaged or not delivered?
Yes. Compensation for loss or damaged items must be claimed in writing within 80 days of posting. You should include your proof of purchase receipt and evidence of the item’s value."
- which I never knew, and although in the past I've known and declared the item's value I've rarely had proof of that
-
gluteus maximus
- Posts: 241
- Joined: 12 Oct 2013, 15:08
- Gender: Male
Re: Mother upset after she says £60 went missing in the post
How did you pay for the vouchers?. If by card then you will have a statement to prove purchase of £60 in one go. Contact the retailer and ask them to check the till records for that day. Once confirmed i would think they will give you a copy. They even keep copies of not only the receipt, but card number etc. Use that as proof of value and purchase of the vouchers
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Re: Mother upset after she says £60 went missing in the post
Yes, that would probably work, even though it's just evidence that the vouchers were bought not that they were sent, but what about if you go to a friend's for a weekend, leave your wallet which is posted on by Special Delivery, no EVIDENCE available then as to "the item’s value" !gluteus maximus wrote:How did you pay for the vouchers?. If by card then you will have a statement to prove purchase of £60 in one go. Contact the retailer and ask them to check the till records for that day. Once confirmed i would think they will give you a copy. They even keep copies of not only the receipt, but card number etc. Use that as proof of value and purchase of the vouchers
If Royal Mail really needed "evidence as to the item’s value" then the best they could do would be for the Post Office staff to check the contents before accepting and sealing the package
-
pinstripe
- Posts: 2474
- Joined: 25 May 2007, 16:42
- Gender: Male
- Location: 2 left turns from reality
Re: Mother upset after she says £60 went missing in the post
The problem with wanting evidence of the value when it goes missing, is that we don't insist that the same evidence is produced when we accept the item at the post office.
It is very one sided.
It is very one sided.
-
5plusbonusball
- Posts: 1136
- Joined: 12 Jan 2012, 20:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: up north of watford
Re: Mother upset after she says £60 went missing in the post
I would want to blame the few people in the rle room then. Someone's opened the letter! Don't think i'll ever buy another special unless I show the post office staff what is inside and get it written down on a proof of posting.
Makes us all look bad . Us outdoors get the blame for those indoors.
Makes us all look bad . Us outdoors get the blame for those indoors.
Why are lino's paid full-time ??
-
human1
- Posts: 223
- Joined: 04 Aug 2010, 19:31
- Gender: Male
Re: Mother upset after she says £60 went missing in the post
This special ..... is still missing ? If ..yes .. where is it ? still in postmans bag or troly?