ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Letter returned to Plymouth not enough postage for Airmail

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72738
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Letter returned to Plymouth not enough postage for Airmail

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Letter returned to Plymouth as not enough postage for Airmail to Cornwall

http://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/Letter- ... story.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Image

A CHRISTMAS card was delivered 500 miles from where it needed to be, and another was returned to Plymouth because it didn’t have enough postage to pay for the Airmail to Cornwall.

Merika Kindlon, from Stoke, recieved a letter addressed to Parkhead Road, Falkirk.

The address in Scotland is 500 miles away from her home in Valletort Road, Plymouth.

Merika said: “I’m asking myself how could this happen?

“I have still got the card - I tried to find the address to redirect it but the postcode wasn’t recognised.

“I’ll cross the postcode out and put it back in the post - hopefully it will make it this time.”

Barbara Norris, who lives in Hyde Park, had sent a card to Truro, in Cornwall, but had it returned to her.

The sticker on the letter says ‘There isn’t enough postage on this Airmail item so we are returning it to you.’

Mrs Norris said: “I couldn’t believe what I was seeing, I know Cornwall is a foreign country but it’s not that foreign.”

A spokesman at Royal Mail said: “We would like to apologise to our customers for mis-directing these items.

“We recommend that customers with complaints contact our customer services number on 08457 740 740 so the complaint can be properly logged and investigated”
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
barbario
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 411
Joined: 31 Jul 2007, 11:28

Re: Letter returned to Plymouth not enough postage for Airma

Post by barbario »

Classic. :nana
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Re: Letter returned to Plymouth not enough postage for Airma

Post by Lounge Lizard »

barbario wrote:Classic. :nana
Yes, but it might not have happened if the sender had properly addressed the card including a postcode.