ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

The privatised Royal Mail will get a Christmas bonanza

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
Roy Mayall
Posts: 236
Joined: 10 Oct 2009, 16:46
Gender: Male

The privatised Royal Mail will get a Christmas bonanza

Post by Roy Mayall »

Goodwill among delivery workers is in short supply. After years of being sidelined and ignored, I'm refusing to put in overtime http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfre ... y-overtime" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Dogs of War
Posts: 474
Joined: 06 Nov 2009, 21:00
Gender: Female

Re: The privatised Royal Mail will get a Christmas bonanza

Post by Dogs of War »

Excellent article.
bustedflush
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1493
Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
Gender: Male

Re: The privatised Royal Mail will get a Christmas bonanza

Post by bustedflush »

I'm starting to think I'm at decent office compared to some. Yes, the DOM tries cajole people into completing but OT is paid usually without quibble and there seems to be a quite convivial regime overall. We are understaffed but there is a queue of people who do docket work after hours and rarely is mail undelivered on the same day. I suppose if you've got 'picky' managers who moan at every little thing the atmosphere turns into a B&H environment. We've got one like that but in the main they leave you to your own devices which means less stress.
martin the green
Posts: 157
Joined: 20 Jan 2012, 16:20
Gender: Male

Re: The privatised Royal Mail will get a Christmas bonanza

Post by martin the green »

lucky you
nuttyboy
Posts: 7
Joined: 27 Feb 2010, 14:38
Gender: Male

Re: The privatised Royal Mail will get a Christmas bonanza

Post by nuttyboy »

problem with that article is that the writer has no intention of completing his delivery as some of his colleagues before they even turn up for work ??????
Nikellie
Posts: 45
Joined: 03 Dec 2010, 18:24
Gender: Male

Re: The privatised Royal Mail will get a Christmas bonanza

Post by Nikellie »

Good article.

As day off/sick cover I find doing docket is only possible after a rural duty. I'm simply too knackered covering 700 calls on P&L and then more again on overtime. I'll do packet o/t instead or, for extra cash, I prefer to do a collection in the evening instead of killing myself on P&L.

I never used to be so tired after a bike round and this P&L is only gonna get tougher as I get older (now 45). More worrying is the long term effect on knees/joints etc.

I really feel for you posties stuck in an office where P&L is the onlyi option you have for docket.
chooch
Posts: 323
Joined: 21 Jul 2010, 13:14
Gender: Male

Re: The privatised Royal Mail will get a Christmas bonanza

Post by chooch »

? :hmmmm ?
nuttyboy wrote:problem with that article is that the writer has no intention of completing his delivery as some of his colleagues before they even turn up for work ??????
? :hmmmm ?