ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Thank you Royal Mail

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
wabbithunta
Posts: 872
Joined: 03 Oct 2007, 18:39
Gender: Male
Location: On Planet Earth... Unlike the people who run RM!

Re: Thank you Royal Mail

Post by wabbithunta »

dvbuk55 wrote:
wabbithunta wrote:I'm now waiting for the insane, and inane comments to follow that last comment. :chuckle

Well here it comes - in a nutsack - Yes :chuckle
What those two? Never!! :chuckle
"Better to die on your feet than live a life time on your knees"
Wednesday
Posts: 143
Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 16:40
Gender: Male

Re: Thank you Royal Mail

Post by Wednesday »

dvbuk55 wrote:
Jpro747 wrote:PT/FT... Who cares! Were all doing the same thing just working less or more hours. In a few years we'll all be on zero hour contracts and shafted even more than we are now.
What? With all the legal protections in place :shock:
We all need to wear badges saying "No to zero hour contracts" to stop this happening.
Timelord
Posts: 143
Joined: 28 Aug 2008, 17:17
Gender: Female
Location: Gallifrey

Re: Thank you Royal Mail

Post by Timelord »

dvbuk55 wrote:
wabbithunta wrote:There is more on this part of the agreement but I'm sure you've read it as you seem so positive that we'll all be on Zero Hour Contracts, despite the fact this agreement says otherwise.
And of course nothing can change the agreement but as a moot point would a 1 hour contract be OK - it's not ZERO but in the wording of the agreement it would appear to fulfil the agreement in actualite but not in the spirit. It has been said many times the words are the words and that the spirit of fairness aren't written in the agreement.
at my office we have a few people on 16 hour contracts, and at the moment a few people on long term sick, so the 16 hour staff get extra shifts offered to them which is great, but it makes their hours up, but if they want a day off then they are afraid to say no to a shift in case the manager doesn't offer it to them again. but 16 hours is better than zero.
'I tolerate this century but I don't enjoy it'
The Doctor in 'An Unearthly Child'

A species set on endless growth is.... UNSUSTAINABLE
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Thank you Royal Mail

Post by dvbuk55 »

Timelord wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:
wabbithunta wrote:There is more on this part of the agreement but I'm sure you've read it as you seem so positive that we'll all be on Zero Hour Contracts, despite the fact this agreement says otherwise.
And of course nothing can change the agreement but as a moot point would a 1 hour contract be OK - it's not ZERO but in the wording of the agreement it would appear to fulfil the agreement in actualite but not in the spirit. It has been said many times the words are the words and that the spirit of fairness aren't written in the agreement.
at my office we have a few people on 16 hour contracts, and at the moment a few people on long term sick, so the 16 hour staff get extra shifts offered to them which is great, but it makes their hours up, but if they want a day off then they are afraid to say no to a shift in case the manager doesn't offer it to them again. but 16 hours is better than zero.
Well that's true, but is that not the element of a two tier work force already that the union say we're protected from?
Bag of d2d
Posts: 40
Joined: 21 Apr 2008, 14:12
Gender: Male
Location: Capital

Re: Thank you Royal Mail

Post by Bag of d2d »

What is the point of this thread?
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72767
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Thank you Royal Mail

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Bag of d2d wrote:What is the point of this thread?
Does there have to be one. I like these random threads, it adds spice to the mix.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
jaylime
Posts: 331
Joined: 09 Jan 2009, 10:27
Gender: Male

Re: Thank you Royal Mail

Post by jaylime »

Thank you for letting me on ips to sort all the part timers mail out,while they just come and keep emptying there boxes,while I haven't thrown one letter in on my rural.im sick to f***ing death of people moaning at work.
Godric
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 855
Joined: 17 Oct 2009, 12:08
Gender: Male
Location: The Kingdom of Alba

Re: Thank you Royal Mail

Post by Godric »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
Timelord wrote:What are the inaccuracies?
This
Timelord wrote:my d2d payment is pro rata
We have not been paid separately for D2Ds for over 3 years now.
i'm averaging about 5 D2Ds per week ... and I am getting paid roughly £8 more instead of the £40 quid I got for delivering 3 D2Ds per week ... Royal Mail are making a killing I must be losing nearly £60-£70 quid per week by not getting paid for doing 5 D2Ds excluding the £8 pounds I get on top of my £12.40 night allowance that was lumped into the supplement
"Vi har haft århundraden av kärlek och tillit till varandra."
Timelord
Posts: 143
Joined: 28 Aug 2008, 17:17
Gender: Female
Location: Gallifrey

Re: Thank you Royal Mail

Post by Timelord »

Godric wrote:
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
Timelord wrote:What are the inaccuracies?
This
Timelord wrote:my d2d payment is pro rata
We have not been paid separately for D2Ds for over 3 years now.
i'm averaging about 5 D2Ds per week ... and I am getting paid roughly £8 more instead of the £40 quid I got for delivering 3 D2Ds per week ... Royal Mail are making a killing I must be losing nearly £60-£70 quid per week by not getting paid for doing 5 D2Ds excluding the £8 pounds I get on top of my £12.40 night allowance that was lumped into the supplement
:Applause :Applause :Applause :Applause :Applause :Applause
'I tolerate this century but I don't enjoy it'
The Doctor in 'An Unearthly Child'

A species set on endless growth is.... UNSUSTAINABLE
Bahia Feliz
Posts: 1169
Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 21:04
Gender: Male

Re: Thank you Royal Mail

Post by Bahia Feliz »

Godric wrote: i'm averaging about 5 D2Ds per week ... and I am getting paid roughly £8 more instead of the £40 quid I got for delivering 3 D2Ds per week ... Royal Mail are making a killing I must be losing nearly £60-£70 quid per week by not getting paid for doing 5 D2Ds excluding the £8 pounds I get on top of my £12.40 night allowance that was lumped into the supplement
Why don't you try getting a job that pays as much as you earn now then?
Timelord
Posts: 143
Joined: 28 Aug 2008, 17:17
Gender: Female
Location: Gallifrey

Re: Thank you Royal Mail

Post by Timelord »

After all, there are so many vacancies around at the moment, we're all spoilt for choice :arrrghhh
'I tolerate this century but I don't enjoy it'
The Doctor in 'An Unearthly Child'

A species set on endless growth is.... UNSUSTAINABLE
Godric
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 855
Joined: 17 Oct 2009, 12:08
Gender: Male
Location: The Kingdom of Alba

Re: Thank you Royal Mail

Post by Godric »

Bahia Feliz wrote:
Godric wrote: i'm averaging about 5 D2Ds per week ... and I am getting paid roughly £8 more instead of the £40 quid I got for delivering 3 D2Ds per week ... Royal Mail are making a killing I must be losing nearly £60-£70 quid per week by not getting paid for doing 5 D2Ds excluding the £8 pounds I get on top of my £12.40 night allowance that was lumped into the supplement
Why don't you try getting a job that pays as much as you earn now then?

just pointing out the bare facts of the cuts we have had to endure since the last deal the CWU conned delivery postmen into voting for with the help of mail centre staff
"Vi har haft århundraden av kärlek och tillit till varandra."
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16728
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: Thank you Royal Mail

Post by clashcityrocker »

Godric wrote: just pointing out the bare facts of the cuts we have had to endure since the last deal the CWU conned delivery postmen into voting for with the help of mail centre staff
Why is it so inconceivable to anyone that:
Delivery staff voted for BT 2010 because they thought it was a good deal?
That D2D into workload should be viewed as a good thing by some?
That the lump sums only played a small part in their decision?
That no deal was voted in without the majority delivery staff and had little or nothing to do with MC staff who have had their own crosses to bear from the MC rationalisation plan.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
Judgee
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2262
Joined: 23 Oct 2007, 15:18

Re: Thank you Royal Mail

Post by Judgee »

:funneh
clashcityrocker wrote:
Godric wrote: just pointing out the bare facts of the cuts we have had to endure since the last deal the CWU conned delivery postmen into voting for with the help of mail centre staff
Why is it so inconceivable to anyone that:
Delivery staff voted for BT 2010 because they thought it was a good deal?
That D2D into workload should be viewed as a good thing by some?
That the lump sums only played a small part in their decision?
That no deal was voted in without the majority delivery staff and had little or nothing to do with MC staff who have had their own crosses to bear from the MC rationalisation plan.
Union what Union? Do we have a union?
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16728
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: Thank you Royal Mail

Post by clashcityrocker »

Judgee wrote: :funneh
I have to say if that is the level of your debating ability, it is no wonder you lost the vote on BT 2010.
You seem completely unable to see anyone else's viewpoint and unable to articulate your own viewpoint with any clarity.
Sad really.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.