Warning: its a joke article
http://newsthump.com/2009/10/19/this-ye ... y-workers/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The Royal Mail has announced plans to hire 30,000 temporary workers who will be responsible for losing your Christmas cards during this coming festive season.
The extra staff will deal with the backlog caused by the upcoming strikes and will be used to search your cards for cash and gift voucher equivalents.
The Communication Workers Union has described the decision as grossly unfair as it will deprive many postal workers of their “unofficial Christmas bonus”.
A CWU spokesperson said, “Accidentally ‘losing’ cards laden with cash or gift vouchers is one of the few benefits postmen get these days, and now the Royal Mail want to take that from us too?”
“Losing mail is a skilled job, and if they think any old Tom Dick or Harry can do it, then they’re sorely mistaken.”
“In fact, because of this decision, it wouldn’t surprise if me if pretty much every card made it to it’s intended destination this year.”
“Then you’ll be sorry.”
Public
The public has continued to remain fairly ambivalent to the Royal Mail’s plans to employ so many temporary workers to combat the strike action.
“It’s difficult to know which I’d prefer,” said one Royal Mail customer, “my mail being ignored by a striking postman, or it being lost completely by an incompetent temporary worker.”
“Fundamentally I’m still not getting the mail that’s been sent to me.”
“And I suppose that if what I send to other people is simply going to be stolen, it doesn’t matter who took it, does it really?”
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
This year’s Christmas cards to be lost by temporary workers
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72738
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
This year’s Christmas cards to be lost by temporary workers
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
Re: This year’s Christmas cards to be lost by temporary work
Well this so called journalist has no work to do maybe he should try working in royalmail or did they reject him/her calling us all is easy earn money not waste ink on crap publications! I would love it if any journalist had the balls to do our job and report the bullshit we receive by management mostly and customers then I would call that reporting!
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72738
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: This year’s Christmas cards to be lost by temporary work
k979aaa wrote:Well this so called journalist has no work to do maybe he should try working in royalmail or did they reject him/her calling us all is easy earn money not waste ink on crap publications! I would love it if any journalist had the balls to do our job and report the bullshit we receive by management mostly and customers then I would call that reporting!
You seem to have missed my warning so I enlarged it and changed the colour.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Mr Incognito
- Posts: 64
- Joined: 02 Jul 2013, 21:02
- Gender: Male
Re: This year’s Christmas cards to be lost by temporary work
Many a truth told in jest!TrueBlueTerrier wrote:k979aaa wrote:Well this so called journalist has no work to do maybe he should try working in royalmail or did they reject him/her calling us all is easy earn money not waste ink on crap publications! I would love it if any journalist had the balls to do our job and report the bullshit we receive by management mostly and customers then I would call that reporting!
You seem to have missed my warning so I enlarged it and changed the colour.