ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Drink Drive

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
fatmike
Posts: 33
Joined: 27 May 2011, 14:52
Gender: Male

Re: Drink Drive

Post by fatmike »

Skull21 wrote: Yeah but people more people die on the roads as a result of no drink driving involved at all
I usually just browse these forums and don't tend to post, but that argument is so ridiculously stupid that I felt compelled to make a post, so well done.

I thought about a sensible post with statistics and facts, but there's no reasoning with some people. I'm just very glad to be in that tiny minority of 5%, that's never considered driving over the limit. If only there was more of us!
scoobydo79
Posts: 2058
Joined: 15 May 2011, 19:04
Gender: Male

Re: Drink Drive

Post by scoobydo79 »

saddlerposty wrote:if you didn't want preachy bull crap you should have stayed under the limit. YOU IDIOT. think yourself lucky you got caught before you killed or maimed some one.
if I was your your DOM id have you sacked.!

Yeah what He said
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72767
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Drink Drive

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Skull21 wrote: Yeah but people more people die on the roads as a result of no drink driving involved at all, its just when someone has been drinking that its all a fall back on to that fact!


In that you are correct in 2012 only 17% of all road fatalities involved drink driving by someone - however 68% of those deaths were the driver/riders themselves. By drink driving you are more likely to kill yourself - or god forgive, your own family members.

I am nearly 50 now and when I was 20 I was caught Drink Driving (I went less than 100 yards) - I spent time in prison for it - now I don't touch a drop within 12 hours of driving. I was scum then but I learnt my lesson I really hope you learn yours.


1 last point tell your Manager as if you don't it will look worse when the Plod do - we are a Notifiable profession and they HAVE to tell Royal Mail.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
soltan
Posts: 79
Joined: 11 Aug 2007, 12:34

Re: Drink Drive

Post by soltan »

Skull21 wrote:
ysbrydtawel wrote:
Skull21 wrote:
saddlerposty wrote:if you didn't want preachy bull crap you should have stayed under the limit. YOU IDIOT. think yourself lucky you got caught before you killed or maimed some one.
if I was your your DOM id have you sacked.!
I bet 95% of drivers have driven over the limit, knowing they were or not, some of us just get unlucky and get caught, just think yourself lucky it was me and not you asshole!
Well, I certainly haven't. If you're going to come on a public forum and admit to a crime like that, be prepared for people to rebuke you for it!

If your wife / kids were killed by a drink driver who 'got unlucky', would you still stick up for him or would you be an 'asshole' and perhaps be more open to a bit of 'preachy bullshit'?

:arrrghhh
Yeah but people more people die on the roads as a result of no drink driving involved at all, its just when someone has been drinking that its all a fall back on to that fact! If your wife /kids were killed by someone completely sober it would be an accident, but if the person had been drinking it would be because of that!
Humanity is just nasty! and police are all bastards, who police's the police?

So we can reduce the number of accidents by all getting drunk before driving hmm :arrrghhh
74tower
Posts: 88
Joined: 23 Mar 2011, 09:55
Gender: Male

Re: Drink Drive

Post by 74tower »

Skull21 wrote:
ysbrydtawel wrote:
Skull21 wrote:
saddlerposty wrote:if you didn't want preachy bull crap you should have stayed under the limit. YOU IDIOT. think yourself lucky you got caught before you killed or maimed some one.
if I was your your DOM id have you sacked.!
I bet 95% of drivers have driven over the limit, knowing they were or not, some of us just get unlucky and get caught, just think yourself lucky it was me and not you asshole!
Well, I certainly haven't. If you're going to come on a public forum and admit to a crime like that, be prepared for people to rebuke you for it!

If your wife / kids were killed by a drink driver who 'got unlucky', would you still stick up for him or would you be an 'asshole' and perhaps be more open to a bit of 'preachy bullshit'?

:arrrghhh
Yeah but people more people die on the roads as a result of no drink driving involved at all, its just when someone has been drinking that its all a fall back on to that fact! If your wife /kids were killed by someone completely sober it would be an accident, but if the person had been drinking it would be because of that!
Humanity is just nasty! and police are all bastards, who police's the police?
Why don't you just go away and let's all stop responding to this idiot , what does he want from this forum ,reassurance ? I don't think so , he doesn't even want his job .with a bit of luck he will get his wish with a little help from her majesty
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: Drink Drive

Post by fishtank »

Skull21 wrote:Yeah but people more people die on the roads as a result of no drink driving involved at all
That's the worst piece of deductive reasoning i've seen for a while.
Kudos for raising the bar.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
saddlerposty
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 248
Joined: 08 Mar 2010, 18:20
Gender: Male

Re: Drink Drive

Post by saddlerposty »

(THICK) skull 21 your are an absolute F****** c u Next Tuesday. if you ever get behind the wheel of a vehicle knowing that there could be the slightest chance your unfit to drive for what ever reason then be prepared to face the consequences, maybe you should meet some of the families of victims of drink drivers or meet the people left paralised just become some tosser thought he was ok to drive after a few pints.
in my eyes your the scum of society and if you hurt any of my family or loved ones through drink driving I would hunt you down and rip your f****** bollox off !!!!!!! :evil/mad :evil/mad
feduppostie
Posts: 947
Joined: 24 Jun 2007, 19:46

Re: Drink Drive

Post by feduppostie »

I'm unfortunate enough to have had a good friend of mine killed by a drunk driver

a young lad of 17, while I was at college. His dad had died the previous year and he was out earning a crust to support his mother and sisters. It destroyed an already fragile and barely coping family. A good family who never recovered. He was and still is sadly missed and I am unashamed to say I still weep for him to this day - it was 20 years ago

Drink driving is not a 'silly mistake' or a 'lapse in judgement' it is a choice

a choice to have a drink and then get in a car and risk not only your own life ( your choice) but the lives of other people

If you choose to have a drink fair enough but give your car keys to someone else and pay for a taxi - it is cheaper than a life

so please don't come on here bemoaning your woes because you got caught - be man enough to realise that you were lucky that getting caught was the only consequence from this

My opinion is anyone who gets caught drink driving should never ever be allowed behind the wheel again - one strike and you are out - be thankfull you are still here for your wife to 'bleat on about it' or maybe just sit and think for a minute what could have been

then hang your head in shame