ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Nice people out there!!

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
chrisj
Posts: 1883
Joined: 21 Dec 2010, 16:24
Gender: Male

Re: Nice people out there!!

Post by chrisj »

I think it all depends on who and where...

Customer and postie have a shouting match or fisticuffs over 'junk mail' and then mail suspended is the typical news that the Daily Mail will latch on to. And RM will not come out of it in any good way. Anything that makes the 'Opt Out' public knowledge is something that RM will like to avoid.

RM and posties make money out of delivering things that most people do not want - fine! But we should not try and get their backs up because we will be the loser out of it.

*Junk mail - official line is all well and good but when a customer is steaming then I do not shove that idea in their face. There are also a few posties esp reserves and floaters that end up delivering d2d to folks that have opted out - it happens.

** I always put a visible dot next to the house number but d2ds are sometime thrown out by others and people find themselves on new rounds without notice.
windermeredave
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 265
Joined: 08 Mar 2010, 13:37
Gender: Male

Re: Nice people out there!!

Post by windermeredave »

If someone puts a note on their door saying no junk mail I don`t deliver, end of
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16728
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: Nice people out there!!

Post by clashcityrocker »

windermeredave wrote:If someone puts a note on their door saying no junk mail I don`t deliver, end of
And consequently put your job at risk.
The freedom of information reply on this made that quite clear.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: Nice people out there!!

Post by fishtank »

windermeredave wrote:If someone puts a note on their door saying no junk mail I don`t deliver, end of
So what is it you don't deliver?
D2D?
Mailsort?
Second Class?
First Class?
How do you decide what's "junk mail" and more importantly who gave you the authority to decide?
good times, bad times you know I've had my share