ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Nice people out there!!
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Re: Nice people out there!!
A complaint was made against me last week for reversing slightly onto someone's drive to do a three point turn in a narrow street. 
-
Hitcher
- Posts: 1538
- Joined: 20 Sep 2009, 09:59
- Gender: Male
Re: Nice people out there!!
None of them are Royal Mail ads though!
-
chrisj
- Posts: 1883
- Joined: 21 Dec 2010, 16:24
- Gender: Male
Re: Nice people out there!!
The customer is clearly rude... However, the postie should not deliver any more D2Ds to the property: he can inform the manager if he wants.
There is absolutely no point confronting customers because the postie will not win and the managers will not publicly back the postie.
Best thing to do is endorse the D2Ds as unwanted!
There is absolutely no point confronting customers because the postie will not win and the managers will not publicly back the postie.
Best thing to do is endorse the D2Ds as unwanted!
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Nice people out there!!
Why?chrisj wrote:However, the postie should not deliver any more D2Ds to the property
The customer has already paid for the D2D to be delivered,If we don't deliver it that would be a breach of contract from both our point of view and Royal Mail's.
There is an official opt out process which means the sender doesn't get charged and we don't get sacked.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
chrisj
- Posts: 1883
- Joined: 21 Dec 2010, 16:24
- Gender: Male
Re: Nice people out there!!
I would class it as an unwanted mail - simple!
I have been there and the best you can do is inform the manager but they will not support you if you insist on doing something that might lead to a fracas with a customer.
* Customer has a note saying no junk mail: I looked and ignore it and posted D2D through anyway. He came out and said there is a note there and why did I do it.. I gave him the Opt Out blah blah and I am only doing my job... He got annoyed and reported and I was told not to continue delivering.
It probably helps that this individual was rich and so on...
But why bother! It is the same as when some posties refuse to accept unwanted mail or gone away from customers - just take it and endorse - simple!
I have been there and the best you can do is inform the manager but they will not support you if you insist on doing something that might lead to a fracas with a customer.
* Customer has a note saying no junk mail: I looked and ignore it and posted D2D through anyway. He came out and said there is a note there and why did I do it.. I gave him the Opt Out blah blah and I am only doing my job... He got annoyed and reported and I was told not to continue delivering.
It probably helps that this individual was rich and so on...
But why bother! It is the same as when some posties refuse to accept unwanted mail or gone away from customers - just take it and endorse - simple!
-
DB1100
- Posts: 1976
- Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30
Re: Nice people out there!!
I'm with you on that,why cause pointless problems,just smile and mark it unwanted.All it takes is a bit of common sense.chrisj wrote:I would class it as an unwanted mail - simple!
I have been there and the best you can do is inform the manager but they will not support you if you insist on doing something that might lead to a fracas with a customer.
* Customer has a note saying no junk mail: I looked and ignore it and posted D2D through anyway. He came out and said there is a note there and why did I do it.. I gave him the Opt Out blah blah and I am only doing my job... He got annoyed and reported and I was told not to continue delivering.
It probably helps that this individual was rich and so on...
But why bother! It is the same as when some posties refuse to accept unwanted mail or gone away from customers - just take it and endorse - simple!
For we were soldiers once,and young
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Re: Nice people out there!!
Yes, and we wouldn't want him one week after getting out of bed and watching Jeremy Kyle to irately complain that he had missed out on the pizza voucher leaflet that all his friends were using.fishtank wrote:Why?chrisj wrote:However, the postie should not deliver any more D2Ds to the property
The customer has already paid for the D2D to be delivered,If we don't deliver it that would be a breach of contract from both our point of view and Royal Mail's.
There is an official opt out process which means the sender doesn't get charged and we don't get sacked.
-
5plusbonusball
- Posts: 1136
- Joined: 12 Jan 2012, 20:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: up north of watford
Re: Nice people out there!!
I don't like getting leaflets through my door , the dog goes mad! but hey it's 2013 , it's every man for himself out there, us, pizzas , avon, jehovahs all want your cash, just accept you have a letterbox , it can be used by anyone so get over it , just put it in the recylcle bin ffs. The wife said tell him that! 
Why are lino's paid full-time ??
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Re: Nice people out there!!
And if the wife says that who are any of us to disagree with her ?5plusbonusball wrote:I don't like getting leaflets through my door , the dog goes mad! but hey it's 2013 , it's every man for himself out there, us, pizzas , avon, jehovahs all want your cash, just accept you have a letterbox , it can be used by anyone so get over it , just put it in the recylcle bin ffs. The wife said tell him that!
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Re: Nice people out there!!
i might do that tommorow get a bundle of leaflets and write rubbish on a piece of paper and chuck it on a doorstep i dont like 
-
bertieboy
- Posts: 56
- Joined: 25 Jul 2010, 19:53
- Gender: Male
Re: Nice people out there!!
True story:A bloke in our office was accosted by a customer on his walk.'Don't post any of that shite through my door'.
'Sorry,but unless you opt out,then I have to deliver'
He delivered the D2D's (foolishly imo) and received a broken nose and fat lip.The DOM was well annoyed,especially as he had to finish off about 2 hours worth of delivery.My colleague went to the police, who,did absolutely nothing,as did our management and union.
'Sorry,but unless you opt out,then I have to deliver'
He delivered the D2D's (foolishly imo) and received a broken nose and fat lip.The DOM was well annoyed,especially as he had to finish off about 2 hours worth of delivery.My colleague went to the police, who,did absolutely nothing,as did our management and union.
-
chrisj
- Posts: 1883
- Joined: 21 Dec 2010, 16:24
- Gender: Male
Re: Nice people out there!!
To be honest, if when I say that people should Opt Out, I can hear myself talking bollocks and being a dick.
The person says I do not want junk mail, how dare us to try and force him? It is just not worth the hassle!
The person says I do not want junk mail, how dare us to try and force him? It is just not worth the hassle!
-
justdeno
- Posts: 362
- Joined: 27 Jan 2012, 16:05
- Gender: Female
Re: Nice people out there!!
I've had a all out slanging match with a customer over D2D's. Neighbours applauded me. I do not want to deliver these, but keep me in a job. The customer thankfully listened to me and opted out.
But why oh why do us posties have to be threatened by the public. RM should send out a yearly letter to explain the op out, so makes a posties life a little bit better.
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16728
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Re: Nice people out there!!
I think the official line is - "we don't deliver junk mail".chrisj wrote:
The person says I do not want junk mail
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
wabbithunta
- Posts: 872
- Joined: 03 Oct 2007, 18:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: On Planet Earth... Unlike the people who run RM!
Re: Nice people out there!!
Refuse to deliver that persons mail.
Cite that note as a threat and report it to your DOM and make sure that action is taken as you are paid to deliver D2D's, as RM are paid to deliver them and they now class these as "mail".
Then see what they say when they have to collect their mail from the local delivery office.
Cite that note as a threat and report it to your DOM and make sure that action is taken as you are paid to deliver D2D's, as RM are paid to deliver them and they now class these as "mail".
Then see what they say when they have to collect their mail from the local delivery office.
"Better to die on your feet than live a life time on your knees"