ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Postman finds chicken on the run in Stroud

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72738
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Postman finds chicken on the run in Stroud

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

http://www.stroudnewsandjournal.co.uk/n ... in_Stroud/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

A POSTMAN has taken hold of a special delivery after finding a chicken on the run in Stroud.

Lee Pegler, 42, had just finished his round on Folly Lane when he found the bird roaming around near the Springfield Road junction on Friday afternoon.

"I picked her up because I assumed she had escaped," said Mr Pegler, who has worked as a postman for 13 years.

"I have put up a notice in Folly Lane Stores, contacted the RSPCA and knocked door-to-door in the area but no one has claimed her."


The chicken, which is black with brown mottled feathers around the neck, is currently being kept in a rabbit run at Mr Pegler's home in Slad Road where he lives with his wife and three children.

"She is a very happy and healthy little thing and has laid three eggs over the weekend," said Mr Pegler.

"She is very tame and it will be a shame to see her go as we have all grown quite attached to her.

"But she needs to live a proper life and she can't spend it in this little rabbit run so we would like to reunite her with her owner."

If you are missing a chicken contact SNJ reporter Hayley Mortimer on 01453 769423.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: Postman finds chicken on the run in Stroud

Post by fishtank »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:If you are missing a chicken contact SNJ reporter Hayley Mortimer on 01453 769423.
How do you prove it's yours?
If someone turned up with some carrots,onions and a bottle of red wine I would be deeply suspicious.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
maisymoo04
Posts: 2226
Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
Gender: Male
Location: You dont want to no

Re: Postman finds chicken on the run in Stroud

Post by maisymoo04 »

:Applause :Applause :chuckle
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Re: Postman finds chicken on the run in Stroud

Post by Lounge Lizard »

"I picked her up because I assumed she had escaped," said Mr Pegler :crazy: Not many magistrates will fall for that one. :shock: :crazy: :shock:
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

Re: Postman finds chicken on the run in Stroud

Post by arnold cheshire »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:http://www.stroudnewsandjournal.co.uk/n ... in_Stroud/

A POSTMAN has taken hold of a special delivery after finding a chicken on the run in Stroud.

Lee Pegler, 42, had just finished his round on Folly Lane when he found the bird roaming around near the Springfield Road junction on Friday afternoon.

"I picked her up because I assumed she had escaped," said Mr Pegler, who has worked as a postman for 13 years.

"I have put up a notice in Folly Lane Stores, contacted the RSPCA and knocked door-to-door in the area but no one has claimed her."


The chicken, which is black with brown mottled feathers around the neck, is currently being kept in a rabbit run at Mr Pegler's home in Slad Road where he lives with his wife and three children.

"She is a very happy and healthy little thing and has laid three eggs over the weekend," said Mr Pegler.

"She is very tame and it will be a shame to see her go as we have all grown quite attached to her.

"But she needs to live a proper life and she can't spend it in this little rabbit run so we would like to reunite her with her owner."

If you are missing a chicken contact SNJ reporter Hayley Mortimer on 01453 769423.
postman pat story :thumbup