ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Worst x'mas tip you have ever had?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
chrisj
Posts: 1883
Joined: 21 Dec 2010, 16:24
Gender: Male

Re: Worst x'mas tip you have ever had?

Post by chrisj »

wacko74 wrote:Christmas Eve a few years back, I'd just posted to one house and was walking back up the drive when I hear the door opening behind me and ''hey postie I've got something for you'' the guy is stood there with a heavy, full carrier bag, as he hands it to me he says '' these moved out over a year ago''... it was full of mail for a previous tenant, w******r!

I've also been given a miniature bottle of Baileys, I don't know if it was a genuine 'thought that counts' gesture or someone trying to tell me what they really think of me??
Competition closed. You win! :Boo hoo!
windermeredave
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 265
Joined: 08 Mar 2010, 13:37
Gender: Male

Re: Worst x'mas tip you have ever had?

Post by windermeredave »

some old guy..bless him..gave me a pound and said get yourself a pint, I muttered under my breath, what pub do you drink in?
japost
Posts: 25
Joined: 08 Jan 2013, 17:49
Gender: Male

Re: Worst x'mas tip you have ever had?

Post by japost »

A Wagon wheel .... out of date !
5plusbonusball
Posts: 1136
Joined: 12 Jan 2012, 20:50
Gender: Male
Location: up north of watford

Re: Worst x'mas tip you have ever had?

Post by 5plusbonusball »

home made green chutney for the family! cash would be better love , thanks anyway!
Why are lino's paid full-time ??
comeracing
Posts: 806
Joined: 28 Nov 2010, 20:58
Gender: Male

Re: Worst x'mas tip you have ever had?

Post by comeracing »

3 in total shortbread,dont like,DARK chocolate don't like ,and a tip for a horse called barton bank running at Kempton on boxing day cant remember the year,the beast was leading until it fell at the last fence GUTTED. :thumbdown
fb1969
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1693
Joined: 29 Aug 2012, 08:38
Gender: Male
Location: hiding on the backstreets

Re: Worst x'mas tip you have ever had?

Post by fb1969 »

One humbug and one glacier from a lady's jacket pocket, no idea how long they'd been there!
Royal Mail
failing the workforce, failing the public and deliberately failing mail on a daily basis for too many years.
egor110
Posts: 75
Joined: 11 Nov 2012, 23:38
Gender: Male

Re: Worst x'mas tip you have ever had?

Post by egor110 »

I had a jar of chutney that the person had opened tried and decided they didn't like it.
krussel
Posts: 5300
Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
Gender: Male
Location: Out on the streets.

Re: Worst x'mas tip you have ever had?

Post by krussel »

A £2 coin and then asked for £1.50 in change. I gave it back.
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
loverman shabba
Posts: 238
Joined: 11 Jul 2013, 15:15
Gender: Male

Re: Worst x'mas tip you have ever had?

Post by loverman shabba »

got £2 from some guy. not the worst tip ever but the fact he said 'get yourself a pint'. felt like asking where he drinks cos theres nowhere i know sells pints for £2
wacko74
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1572
Joined: 04 Apr 2009, 20:35
Gender: Male

Re: Worst x'mas tip you have ever had?

Post by wacko74 »

bigbazza wrote:
wacko74 wrote:Christmas Eve a few years back, I'd just posted to one house and was walking back up the drive when I hear the door opening behind me and ''hey postie I've got something for you'' the guy is stood there with a heavy, full carrier bag, as he hands it to me he says '' these moved out over a year ago''... it was full of mail for a previous tenant, w******r!

I've also been given a miniature bottle of Baileys, I don't know if it was a genuine 'thought that counts' gesture or someone trying to tell me what they really think of me??
I hope you gave it back and told him to post it all back.
Unfortunately it was when I was relatively new to the job and wet behind the ears and I just meekly took it off him, it would be a different story if someone did that to me now!
Midnight+13
Posts: 118
Joined: 28 Oct 2009, 17:40
Gender: Male

Re: Worst x'mas tip you have ever had?

Post by Midnight+13 »

20 pence, handed it back and said you best keep it as you need it so much more than I do! :no no
5plusbonusball
Posts: 1136
Joined: 12 Jan 2012, 20:50
Gender: Male
Location: up north of watford

Re: Worst x'mas tip you have ever had?

Post by 5plusbonusball »

This year i'll give my kids a tip - don't follow me into royal mail, get a real job :Very Happy
Why are lino's paid full-time ??
redandblue
Posts: 104
Joined: 24 Jul 2013, 21:42
Gender: Male

Re: Worst x'mas tip you have ever had?

Post by redandblue »

Crabs :thumbup
bolton1969
Posts: 61
Joined: 12 Sep 2007, 18:13

Re: Worst x'mas tip you have ever had?

Post by bolton1969 »

Last year an old lady handed me a Tesco's bag .It was clinking away so I thought it was a few bottles of bud or something. As I said thanks she pointed at the recycling bin and said can you put it in there please. It was all her empties!!!!!
maisymoo04
Posts: 2226
Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
Gender: Male
Location: You dont want to no

Re: Worst x'mas tip you have ever had?

Post by maisymoo04 »

A pair off wooly socks no lie :whistle
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"