ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

YOUR OFFICE XMAS PLANS!!!!!!

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
mlw
Posts: 182
Joined: 12 Sep 2013, 21:32
Gender: Male

Re: YOUR OFFICE XMAS PLANS!!!!!!

Post by mlw »

our dom has asked us not to cut off in fact he wants us to sign a form to say we will complete our walks we also have 2 less drivers this christmas he says he will pay schedule attendance this year if we work ot can anyone tell me what this rate is as we have not had it before!
Darren Bent
Posts: 2150
Joined: 05 Oct 2007, 15:38
Gender: Male
Location: Pride Park, Derby, DE24 8XL

Re: YOUR OFFICE XMAS PLANS!!!!!!

Post by Darren Bent »

I can see a nightmare happening at work if there is a massive amount of snowfall with wonderful use of trolley and van sharing.
freelunch
Posts: 358
Joined: 14 Oct 2012, 20:39
Gender: Male

Re: YOUR OFFICE XMAS PLANS!!!!!!

Post by freelunch »

Colleagues who are even considering committing to complete all deliveries over Christmas should remember their health and safety on delivery.
Have you thought about what time you may be finishing some days?
Delivering post in the dark and potentially icy conditions is no fun. Been there, done that. :thumbdown
"Everybody has a plan.. until they get punched in the face" - Mike Tyson
adamanti
Posts: 148
Joined: 13 Jan 2012, 14:45
Gender: Male

Re: YOUR OFFICE XMAS PLANS!!!!!!

Post by adamanti »

Darren Bent wrote:I can see a nightmare happening at work if there is a massive amount of snowfall with wonderful use of trolley and van sharing.
Big question that. Maxed out on 4+hrs walks. gonna be a big call from the DOM not to go out if the snow comes. Don't see how we would recover this side of xmas.

However i'm sure the management have a master plan. :left:
Darren Bent
Posts: 2150
Joined: 05 Oct 2007, 15:38
Gender: Male
Location: Pride Park, Derby, DE24 8XL

Re: YOUR OFFICE XMAS PLANS!!!!!!

Post by Darren Bent »

If this bad weather happens I can see royal mail will tell us to do all parcels plus one walk and do another walk in rotating days until snow cleared.
DB1100
Posts: 1976
Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30

Re: YOUR OFFICE XMAS PLANS!!!!!!

Post by DB1100 »

freelunch wrote:Colleagues who are even considering committing to complete all deliveries over Christmas should remember their health and safety on delivery.
Have you thought about what time you may be finishing some days?
Delivering post in the dark and potentially icy conditions is no fun. Been there, done that. :thumbdown
They asked us at last weeks work time drivel if any one had any objections to completing their delivery to speak up,there was only about 5 of us,even tho this year they have cancelled the night shift and bought in 3 less hire vans.
For we were soldiers once,and young
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

Re: YOUR OFFICE XMAS PLANS!!!!!!

Post by arnold cheshire »

only sad people know what their office xmas plans are ! i come in do my time go home :arrrghhh
bigcol
Posts: 404
Joined: 21 Jun 2010, 13:29
Gender: Male
Location: Officially the worst DO

Re: YOUR OFFICE XMAS PLANS!!!!!!

Post by bigcol »

bringon4dayweeks wrote:only sad people know what their office xmas plans are ! i come in do my time go home :arrrghhh
:Applause :Applause :Applause :Applause :Applause :Applause :Applause
mandelsons_toenail
Posts: 1294
Joined: 08 Aug 2009, 18:16
Gender: Male
Location: Outer Hebrides

Re: YOUR OFFICE XMAS PLANS!!!!!!

Post by mandelsons_toenail »

My manager is such a clueless, lazy, hopeless, worthless joke of a human being that I've decided to work to my time this Xmas.

He can do it

:Very Happy
sparky80
Posts: 15
Joined: 07 Mar 2010, 12:34
Gender: Male

Re: YOUR OFFICE XMAS PLANS!!!!!!

Post by sparky80 »

Been offered an hour overtime to come in early but have to sign an agreement that we stay out and complete!...........don't think so! :crazy:
slipperycoconut1987
Posts: 21
Joined: 05 Nov 2013, 16:46
Gender: Female

Re: YOUR OFFICE XMAS PLANS!!!!!!

Post by slipperycoconut1987 »

bringon4dayweeks wrote:only sad people know what their office xmas plans are ! i come in do my time go home :arrrghhh
Hey I'm not sad just seeing what other mangers r up to cuz ours thinks we are supposed to work overtime at Xmas because that's all part of workin at Royal Mail lol, I'm not workin over either but when I told him I was gonna cut off at Xmas he had a go at me, he tried tellin us we HAVE to come in 2 hours earlier hahaha!! Don't think so !!! :nana
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

Re: YOUR OFFICE XMAS PLANS!!!!!!

Post by arnold cheshire »

slipperycoconut1987 wrote:
bringon4dayweeks wrote:only sad people know what their office xmas plans are ! i come in do my time go home :arrrghhh
Hey I'm not sad just seeing what other mangers r up to cuz ours thinks we are supposed to work overtime at Xmas because that's all part of workin at Royal Mail lol, I'm not workin over either but when I told him I was gonna cut off at Xmas he had a go at me, he tried tellin us we HAVE to come in 2 hours earlier hahaha!! Don't think so !!! :nana
well done :wave
justdeno
Posts: 362
Joined: 27 Jan 2012, 16:05
Gender: Female

Re: YOUR OFFICE XMAS PLANS!!!!!!

Post by justdeno »

slipperycoconut1987 wrote:
bringon4dayweeks wrote:only sad people know what their office xmas plans are ! i come in do my time go home :arrrghhh
Hey I'm not sad just seeing what other mangers r up to cuz ours thinks we are supposed to work overtime at Xmas because that's all part of workin at Royal Mail lol, I'm not workin over either but when I told him I was gonna cut off at Xmas he had a go at me, he tried tellin us we HAVE to come in 2 hours earlier hahaha!! Don't think so !!! :nana
Come in 2 hours earlier, than finish 2 hours earlier. Simple. :Very Happy
IloveMYredTROLLEY!
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1923
Joined: 02 Apr 2010, 06:54
Gender: Male

Re: YOUR OFFICE XMAS PLANS!!!!!!

Post by IloveMYredTROLLEY! »

Apparently "our" plans are to get us all coming in early, determined by what time the processing centre thinks they can get mail to us, so some might start at ~0300.

But where was the consultation on this way before Xmas pressure kicks in? Not everyone wants and/or is able to start earlier than their contract start time.

Funny how mail can arrive earlier during peak pressure, yet most OPGs had their start time later in the morning after delivery methods revision, because RM said they could not get mail to us. :hmmmm

Last year HCT walks were given ~25% outdoor assistance and were still going over, with staffing levels lower this year, it looks like we won't have the spare capacity to do this. I for one don't want the daily stress of not being ready to leave the depot until ~1100 or even later, knowing that even if I tag my outdoor 20mins meal relief onto my overtime claim, I will easily be outdoors until gone 1600 if I complete.
windermeredave
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 265
Joined: 08 Mar 2010, 13:37
Gender: Male

Re: YOUR OFFICE XMAS PLANS!!!!!!

Post by windermeredave »

Asking or drivers to come in the afternoons to deliver packets, told they must do 25 a hour :shock: , nearly one every 2 minutes , are these DOMs in the real world?