a FINAL 7 day extension
The way i read that is if RM dont sort it we will be out the following week
Dave, you wrote in your original post "THIS agreement is getting on my nerves", not this 'lack of agreement is getting on my nerves'dave0876 wrote:I dont get annoyed very often but this agreement is starting to get on my nerves food,utilities,petrol to name a few are all increasing in price yet my wages have not gone up to tackle the impact of this. I am now finding it a struggle to keep up with living costs and im sure im not the only postie in this predicament but hey ho our union leaders and RM Directors on there six figure salaries wont be feeling the strain will they.![]()
![]()
![]()
Any percieved "offer" that RM are making could just as easy be removed, remember NOTHING is agree'd until EVERYTHING is agree'd.RTP wrote:Dave, you wrote in your original post "THIS agreement is getting on my nerves", not this 'lack of agreement is getting on my nerves'dave0876 wrote:I dont get annoyed very often but this agreement is starting to get on my nerves food,utilities,petrol to name a few are all increasing in price yet my wages have not gone up to tackle the impact of this. I am now finding it a struggle to keep up with living costs and im sure im not the only postie in this predicament but hey ho our union leaders and RM Directors on there six figure salaries wont be feeling the strain will they.![]()
![]()
![]()
As for wages the last pay offer was pretty decent apart from the strings to years 2 and 3. Dingo has already said the offer has improved, but you still decide to make a song and dance and throw your toys out of the pram. Compare things to the public sector wage freeze. If we had no union it's highly likely you wouldn't be getting any pay rise at all. Have a think about things, the union have got to come back to it's members and let them vote on any deal and if things can't be agreed with RM before then they'll call a strike. That includes workplace issues etc. The fact that they haven't already shows they must be fairly confident of coming up with a deal that's going to get approval.
Royal Mail do seem seriously committed to getting "legally binding" agreements on everything with the union. Take the delivery resourcing for example; RM want to extend our actually delivery times to 5.5 hours, the union is wanting to stick to 4.5 hours - both sides will come to give a little by next week - and we'll get an extra half hour outdoors each day in future - guaranteed by lawCut Off King wrote:Any percieved "offer" that RM are making could just as easy be removed, remember NOTHING is agree'd until EVERYTHING is agree'd.
so where is the extra time outdoors going to come from?freelunch wrote:Royal Mail do seem seriously committed to getting "legally binding" agreements on everything with the union. Take the delivery resourcing for example; RM want to extend our actually delivery times to 5.5 hours, the union is wanting to stick to 4.5 hours - both sides will come to give a little by next week - and we'll get an extra half hour outdoors each day in future - guaranteed by lawCut Off King wrote:Any percieved "offer" that RM are making could just as easy be removed, remember NOTHING is agree'd until EVERYTHING is agree'd.
They will reduce the number of posties to increase the absorption. Part timers hours will be increased to get more prep done earlier.meweavy wrote:so where is the extra time outdoors going to come from?
are they going to extend our working day or get us out of the office earlier,and leave a lot of the ips and packets unsorted?
all this absortion means less people to do more work,and that takes longer.
Not me,I work to my time,but I must admit I get endless hassle for it,underperforming lectures,prep test's,motivational talks from one dom,and even my p&l partner who comes in 90 mins early moans at me for being awkward,but feck em.BernardBresslaw wrote:Already do 5 1/2 hours delivery here. Cheers revision.
That is working to time! I haven't done a minutes ot in years.DB1100 wrote:Not me,I work to my time,but I must admit I get endless hassle for it,underperforming lectures,prep test's,motivational talks from one dom,and even my p&l partner who comes in 90 mins early moans at me for being awkward,but feck em.BernardBresslaw wrote:Already do 5 1/2 hours delivery here. Cheers revision.
Similar for meBernardBresslaw wrote:That is working to time! I haven't done a minutes ot in years.DB1100 wrote:Not me,I work to my time,but I must admit I get endless hassle for it,underperforming lectures,prep test's,motivational talks from one dom,and even my p&l partner who comes in 90 mins early moans at me for being awkward,but feck em.BernardBresslaw wrote:Already do 5 1/2 hours delivery here. Cheers revision.
Start at 6.30am
Out at 9.10-9.20
Finish 15.25
About 5 1/2 hours on delivery it works out.