ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Helen Bach: My new-found respect for postmen

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72738
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Helen Bach: My new-found respect for postmen

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Helen Bach: My new-found respect for postmen



http://www.northantstelegraph.co.uk/new ... -1-5672185" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Let me start by saying I’ve always had the greatest of respect for my postman.

He’s a brilliant chap, very efficient and a lovely person too.

If I’m out, he’ll leave a parcel with a neighbour – none of this ‘taken back to depot’ on a card nonsense.

In fact, both postmen who cover the area in which I live are great.

I often saw the other gentleman when I was out walking the dog (who’s since sadly passed away – my dog, not the postman, just to clarify) and we’d exchange pleasantries and discuss the weather, as you do.

But my respect for them, and indeed all others who deliver leaflets and so on, has recently multiplied.

I undertook a task of delivering some leaflets – not a big deal, I know – but I didn’t realize how much of a hazardous task this can actually be!

Luckily I did this in broad daylight, because the complexity of some people’s gates and driveways really is a wonder to behold.

Then there’s those draft excluders which everyone except me appears to have attached to their letterboxes.

I appreciate they reduce energy costs, keep the house warm etc, but seriously, you can’t get letters or leaflets through them!

They’re like furry finger traps designed to grab your digits but not let the information pass through.

Then at two houses, I poked my leaflets through the door to be met by snapping teeth and snarling.

Now, I’m guessing that these belonged to a canine rather than the householder, but it was a little disconcerting!

I know we perhaps all take our postmen and women a bit for granted, and indeed those delivering takeaway menus, charity leaflets and other pamphlets, but please give them a thought next time you’re barricading your letterbox against the cold.

Also, can I suggest if you’ve got a dog who’s not fond of visitors to the door, a lettercage is perhaps advisable to preserve your post and the fingers of the delivery person?

Just a thought..
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
demon
Posts: 732
Joined: 08 Jul 2009, 14:19
Gender: Female

Re: Helen Bach: My new-found respect for postmen

Post by demon »

thanks for your kind words
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: Helen Bach: My new-found respect for postmen

Post by fishtank »

We've all gone to Helen Bach for this job..
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16701
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: Helen Bach: My new-found respect for postmen

Post by clashcityrocker »

fishtank wrote:We've all gone to Helen Bach for this job..
One way ticket.......?
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
daveyeff
Posts: 4699
Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
Gender: Male

Re: Helen Bach: My new-found respect for postmen

Post by daveyeff »

fishtank wrote:We've all gone to Helen Bach for this job..
tee hee :Very Happy
Decky Boy
Posts: 440
Joined: 22 May 2009, 10:00
Gender: Male

Re: Helen Bach: My new-found respect for postmen

Post by Decky Boy »

Nice post sister, thanks :Very Happy
spiderj
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 969
Joined: 12 Apr 2013, 07:54
Gender: Male
Location: ctp

Re: Helen Bach: My new-found respect for postmen

Post by spiderj »

Took the highway........
I'll get me coat...
I won
donein
Posts: 136
Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 10:53
Location: north devon

Re: Helen Bach: My new-found respect for postmen

Post by donein »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:Helen Bach: My new-found respect for postmen



http://www.northantstelegraph.co.uk/new ... -1-5672185" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Let me start by saying I’ve always had the greatest of respect for my postman.

He’s a brilliant chap, very efficient and a lovely person too.

If I’m out, he’ll leave a parcel with a neighbour – none of this ‘taken back to depot’ on a card nonsense.

In fact, both postmen who cover the area in which I live are great.

I often saw the other gentleman when I was out walking the dog (who’s since sadly passed away – my dog, not the postman, just to clarify) and we’d exchange pleasantries and discuss the weather, as you do.

But my respect for them, and indeed all others who deliver leaflets and so on, has recently multiplied.

I undertook a task of delivering some leaflets – not a big deal, I know – but I didn’t realize how much of a hazardous task this can actually be!

Luckily I did this in broad daylight, because the complexity of some people’s gates and driveways really is a wonder to behold.

Then there’s those draft excluders which everyone except me appears to have attached to their letterboxes.

I appreciate they reduce energy costs, keep the house warm etc, but seriously, you can’t get letters or leaflets through them!

They’re like furry finger traps designed to grab your digits but not let the information pass through.

Then at two houses, I poked my leaflets through the door to be met by snapping teeth and snarling.

Now, I’m guessing that these belonged to a canine rather than the householder, but it was a little disconcerting!

I know we perhaps all take our postmen and women a bit for granted, and indeed those delivering takeaway menus, charity leaflets and other pamphlets, but please give them a thought next time you’re barricading your letterbox against the cold.

Also, can I suggest if you’ve got a dog who’s not fond of visitors to the door, a lettercage is perhaps advisable to preserve your post and the fingers of the delivery person?

Just a thought..

bravo that lady :Applause