ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Action to take when a collegue pee's you off.!!

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
bogstandard
Posts: 1074
Joined: 08 Nov 2007, 06:16

Re: Action to take when a collegue pee's you off.!!

Post by bogstandard »

keep a diary of the previous events as best you can then the next time it happens and he's with his mates say in a nice loud voice you and me need to speak to the manager. Always carry the paperwork with you for this day. As you say it is continuing so its likely to be sooner rather than later.
Confused... You won't be, after the next episode of. SOAP
wandle
Posts: 944
Joined: 25 Feb 2011, 17:17
Gender: Male

Re: Action to take when a collegue pee's you off.!!

Post by wandle »

I had a d!ckhead like this, when I first started, constantly making comments in front of others to embarrass me. These kind of twats need the reaction of an audience, usually made up of those who were victims of his behaviour in the past, who laugh only because it's not them who is now the victim.

After about two weeks of this pathetic individual's comments, I bided my time, and sure enough, an opportunity presented itself. A bunch of my colleagues, and a few artic drivers were smoking outside (pre smoking ban), as I walked to the door, looking for my ID badge. Some stupid comment was made, so I said

"You've never been the same, since you saw your name in print in that book, have you?"
"What are you on about? What book?" says bemused bully
"You know" says me "The Oxford English Dictionary. Next to the word W@NKER, it's just got your name. No other explanation"

His jaw dropped, the drivers started laughing, and the others all joined in

Sarcy comments ceased.
llcoolh
Posts: 129
Joined: 05 Nov 2012, 08:58
Gender: Male

Re: Action to take when a collegue pee's you off.!!

Post by llcoolh »

postiewhite wrote:Ive only been with the Royal Mail for 12 weeks so Id say im still classed as a newbie. Our D.O has about 40 staff,most that have been there for years. 3 Weeks ago I was put on a walk id never done before but had picked my loop up well by the end of the week. Last week I was put on the same walk with the other permanent postie. Last week we had so many d2d's we knew we were going to be late all week. As we were bundling up I asked my partner if I could do his loops to save time as I was comfortable with that half of the walk and would save us from further delays him showing me where to go on the loop id never done. He jokingly shouted ' what else do you f***ing wanna do'. Everyone turned around and I really felt embarrassed but he was obviously showing off by shouting it.
Anyway during that week there may have been 3 occasions max when I forgot to turn the letter around for a parcel and he made a point of it in the staffroom but unknown to me. I found out when the next morning people were shouting 'don't forget to turn the letter round today',again feeling embarrassed. I wouldn't mind but he also forgot to do the same thing twice but I kept quiet.

Now its a new week and im on a new walk and the idiot I was with last week is still shaking his head and making comments. He even said this morning that no one else will work with me apart from the postie im with this week.

Im not sure what to do. Im feeling as though hes taking the piss out of me to others. He's seniority and im a newish starter so should know better. Ive told him to drop the comments but he still does it and his joking is getting me down. Don't forget the others around him have been employed for years like him and I can hardly go to management because it wouldn't look good.
Do I just ride this out until he finds other little things to occupy his mind and carry on being the butt of his remarks despite how this is affecting me?
I hear you mate. Do not let him get away with it. This is bullying and you have to stand up for yourself, tell him to f**k off and stop what his doing other wise you will deal with him outside workplace!! IF you keep quiet he will never stop it. HE IS A MOTHER FOCKER BASTARD!!
Last edited by llcoolh on 12 Nov 2013, 22:02, edited 2 times in total.
postiewhite
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 619
Joined: 23 Jul 2013, 18:38
Gender: Male

Re: Action to take when a collegue pee's you off.!!

Post by postiewhite »

I appreciate everyones advice. Today he hasnt said anything out of order so im.just gonna keep my head down and see if he pipes up again. Ive made up my mind that ill pull him to one side should he rear his ugly head with me again and then go to my rep if he ignores me.
cweg
Posts: 80
Joined: 17 Oct 2013, 17:19
Gender: Male

Re: Action to take when a collegue pee's you off.!!

Post by cweg »

That's the best way to go about it mate. Get him alone and tell him he's genuinely pissing you off with all his little comments and that you're not gonna let it fly anymore. That should be enough to shut him up.

If not, have a few zingers ready to bring him down a notch when he starts talking shite again. Or just lamp him. :nana