ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Postmen should be issued with dog biscuits
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72738
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Postmen should be issued with dog biscuits
http://www.burnleyexpress.net/news/lett ... -1-6235767" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
It is generally recognised the lovely postal workers who deliver our letters every day are very vulnerable to attacks by dogs.
I hope they saw the recent TV programme on dogs.
The postman on his daily round is besieged by the friendliest dogs.
He carries a packet of dog biscuits in his bag and offers a handful to the expectant hounds. These should be an obligatory requisite for every postman to carry, issued by their local office.
This would constitute a considerable saving to the NHS, protecting their fragile resources attending to the bloodied and injured post personnel.
I offer a local example. The gentleman who obligingly delivers my medication from the health centre always carries a supply of dog biscuits and our dog always awaits his visits with enthusiastic anticipation – more than I do for my routine tablets!
Robin Parker
St Chad’s Avenue, Chatburn
It is generally recognised the lovely postal workers who deliver our letters every day are very vulnerable to attacks by dogs.
I hope they saw the recent TV programme on dogs.
The postman on his daily round is besieged by the friendliest dogs.
He carries a packet of dog biscuits in his bag and offers a handful to the expectant hounds. These should be an obligatory requisite for every postman to carry, issued by their local office.
This would constitute a considerable saving to the NHS, protecting their fragile resources attending to the bloodied and injured post personnel.
I offer a local example. The gentleman who obligingly delivers my medication from the health centre always carries a supply of dog biscuits and our dog always awaits his visits with enthusiastic anticipation – more than I do for my routine tablets!
Robin Parker
St Chad’s Avenue, Chatburn
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
hans solo
- Posts: 3289
- Joined: 06 Feb 2011, 18:08
- Gender: Male
Re: Postmen should be issued with dog biscuits
some of our guys would eat them themselves i am not kidding
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Postmen should be issued with dog biscuits
Probably the dumbest advice I've heard. 
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
DB1100
- Posts: 1976
- Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30
Re: Postmen should be issued with dog biscuits
We used to use bonio's as emergency rations in the Army.hans solo wrote:some of our guys would eat them themselves i am not kidding
For we were soldiers once,and young
-
daveyeff
- Posts: 4699
- Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
- Gender: Male
Re: Postmen should be issued with dog biscuits
there is a bastad hound on mine (cross between a pitbull & a gaffer) and it would take you're arm off if you offered it biscuits/chewsticks. a chainmail suit would be more appropriate.
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16700
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Re: Postmen should be issued with dog biscuits
What if you gave the dog some biscuits and it had an allergic reaction?
Who would be held responsible?
Who would be held responsible?
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Postmen should be issued with dog biscuits
I know someone who fed biscuits to the dogs on his round,One day one of the dogs jumped the fence and ran across the road to get its treat,when I say ran across the road I mean it got half way across and was dragged 20 yards up the road under the wheels of a car.clashcityrocker wrote:What if you gave the dog some biscuits and it had an allergic reaction?
Who would be held responsible?
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
chrisj
- Posts: 1883
- Joined: 21 Dec 2010, 16:24
- Gender: Male
Re: Postmen should be issued with dog biscuits
I thought one of the guys featured on the courier with massive wounds and unable to work again was actually friendly with the dog that eventually bit...
I am not certain whether he used to pat the dog or feed him or both.
Stupid Stupid! Some of the dog that have killed recently were not exactly starved of food or love.
Animals should not be messed with unless they are yours. And even so, extreme caution at all times and get a cat or a birdie or even better a goldfish.
I am not certain whether he used to pat the dog or feed him or both.
Stupid Stupid! Some of the dog that have killed recently were not exactly starved of food or love.
Animals should not be messed with unless they are yours. And even so, extreme caution at all times and get a cat or a birdie or even better a goldfish.
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
Re: Postmen should be issued with dog biscuits
I just feed the bloody things with 100% cocoa mass chocolate works a treat every time!
-
chelseachris
- Posts: 164
- Joined: 26 Mar 2010, 14:28
- Gender: Male
Re: Postmen should be issued with dog biscuits
So would mince steak and ground glassk979aaa wrote:I just feed the bloody things with 100% cocoa mass chocolate works a treat every time!
-
Wessex
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1267
- Joined: 10 Jul 2007, 17:20
Re: Postmen should be issued with dog biscuits
Woe betide the reserve postman who doesn't have Tyson's treat.This happened to me and it wasn't funny,little did I know that the dog that was about the size of a horse had been thrown diversionary titbits by the previous postie whilst he delivered the post.I think it's a stupid idea.
-
R@YAL F@IL
- Posts: 448
- Joined: 20 Jun 2011, 19:31
- Gender: Male
Re: Postmen should be issued with dog biscuits
Director of Biscuits job being advertised soon I guess by Royal Mail, then a Quality Control Manager, then. Area Biscuit Manager, Office Biscuit Manager and then a Line Biscuit Manager

NO bags on shoulders please except for Moya who keeps her big fat wage packet in hers
-
biscuit1957
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 161
- Joined: 30 Jul 2013, 16:04
- Gender: Male
- Location: Swindon Mail Centre has given up
Re: Postmen should be issued with dog biscuits
How about carrying a gun,or more sensibly the owner to be sent to prison and made to pay the postmans wages
There is a forgotten, well almost a forbidden word, which means more to me than any other.
That word is ENGLAND!!!
That word is ENGLAND!!!
-
biscuit1957
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 161
- Joined: 30 Jul 2013, 16:04
- Gender: Male
- Location: Swindon Mail Centre has given up
Re: Postmen should be issued with dog biscuits
Why do people want to use me as bait?biscuit1957 wrote:How about carrying a gun,or more sensibly the owner to be sent to prison and made to pay the postmans wages
There is a forgotten, well almost a forbidden word, which means more to me than any other.
That word is ENGLAND!!!
That word is ENGLAND!!!
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: Postmen should be issued with dog biscuits
Nobody will be giving my dogs biscuits, that's my job to give them treats not some random postie.
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio