A flexible p/t management grade for delivery offices is just what the doctor ordered , put them on zero hour contracts as well because there will be some days when they are not needed at allmotch wrote:Yes, really they're only needed for about 3 hours a day. Suppose no one wants to do 3 hour days 5 or 6 days a week though.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Management Cull
-
Wessex
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1267
- Joined: 10 Jul 2007, 17:20
Re: Management Cull
-
barbario
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 411
- Joined: 31 Jul 2007, 11:28
Re: Management Cull
I've heard there is going to be a msssive cull in my mc.
Managers here are already sabbing each other in the back
Managers here are already sabbing each other in the back
-
mailmonkey
- Posts: 431
- Joined: 11 Feb 2009, 22:12
- Gender: Male
Re: Management Cull
Why are they still advertising for and taking on graduate managers?
Are the 'oldskool' managers on the way out to make way for a new breed?
Are the 'oldskool' managers on the way out to make way for a new breed?
-
Pete22
- Posts: 127
- Joined: 02 Mar 2010, 16:53
- Gender: Male
- Location: Cook-coo land
Re: Management Cull
Graduate £24,000 a year replacement for some Managers on £36,000 a year depending on grade and officemailmonkey wrote:Why are they still advertising for and taking on graduate managers?
Are the 'oldskool' managers on the way out to make way for a new breed?
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16729
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Re: Management Cull
To make the management of RM more professional....mailmonkey wrote:Why are they still advertising for and taking on graduate managers?
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
tigercat
- Posts: 76
- Joined: 23 Sep 2010, 15:01
- Gender: Male
Re: Management Cull
They could make RM management more professional by replacing them with a troop of baboons in suits.
-
5plusbonusball
- Posts: 1136
- Joined: 12 Jan 2012, 20:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: up north of watford
Re: Management Cull
Short of posties , need MORE smaller duties and more customer facing deliverers - too many managers and office staff staying in til 2pm ? mmm now what is the answer????
Why are lino's paid full-time ??
-
plymouth3
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 119
- Joined: 06 Jul 2010, 18:45
- Gender: Male
Re: Management Cull
Sounds like a plan, part time managers.
-
Budfrog
- Posts: 893
- Joined: 11 Sep 2007, 02:19
Re: Management Cull
Spot on Pete ... problem has been in the past that the capable Grads or ones that can see through the management spin do 2/3 years with RM to build up the CV and move on to better things.Pete22 wrote:Graduate £24,000 a year replacement for some Managers on £36,000 a year depending on grade and office
Greene has believed for a long time that there are far too many managers at RM. PT managers have been in place in MCs for quite some time and I see no reason why some DO linos could not follow suit (excuse the pun) provided the offices were covered.
Safe to say that if there is a cul the support managers will be targetted first and if they don't wish to take VR the business will 'encourage' them to leave.
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Management Cull
I was told by a planner last week that she's been told by Royal Mail to start looking for another position "not necessarily within the business".
Planners first as they start to scale back the revisions,then as Bud says they'll look at support then it might get interesting...will they attack operational managers before they touch their "baby"...World Class Mail?
Planners first as they start to scale back the revisions,then as Bud says they'll look at support then it might get interesting...will they attack operational managers before they touch their "baby"...World Class Mail?
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
hantsman
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 876
- Joined: 14 Jul 2009, 09:33
- Gender: Male
Re: Management Cull
fishtank wrote:I was told by a planner last week that she's been told by Royal Mail to start looking for another position "not necessarily within the business".
Planners first as they start to scale back the revisions,then as Bud says they'll look at support then it might get interesting...will they attack operational managers before they touch their "baby"...World Class Mail?
Lets face it FT they should get rid of most of the planners, they have failed!
-
RTP
- Posts: 863
- Joined: 22 Apr 2011, 14:24
- Gender: Male
Re: Management Cull
So much for the PIR reviews then....fishtank wrote:I was told by a planner last week that she's been told by Royal Mail to start looking for another position "not necessarily within the business".
Planners first as they start to scale back the revisions,then as Bud says they'll look at support then it might get interesting...will they attack operational managers before they touch their "baby"...World Class Mail?
-
bogstandard
- Posts: 1074
- Joined: 08 Nov 2007, 06:16
Re: Management Cull
I think the cull is coming but only to those who were encouraged to become deputy managers.
as far as i can see this is a paper exercise to show the "shareholders " how well the business is at saving money.
as far as i can see this is a paper exercise to show the "shareholders " how well the business is at saving money.
Confused... You won't be, after the next episode of. SOAP
-
baldrick
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 5038
- Joined: 13 Sep 2007, 23:37
- Gender: Male
Re: Management Cull
No change there then.barbario wrote:Managers here are already stabbing each other in the back
-
ratchet
- Posts: 210
- Joined: 03 Dec 2012, 13:12
- Gender: Male
- Location: Buggered off to France
Re: Management Cull
First they came for the Full Time Posties,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Full Time Postie.
Then they came for the Part Time Posties,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Part time Postie.
Then they came for the CWU trade union members,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a CWU trade union member.
Then they came for me,
and no one gave a s**t because I was a manager and I'd lined my pockets by screwing all the above.
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Full Time Postie.
Then they came for the Part Time Posties,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Part time Postie.
Then they came for the CWU trade union members,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a CWU trade union member.
Then they came for me,
and no one gave a s**t because I was a manager and I'd lined my pockets by screwing all the above.
I am no longer a number :-)