http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-24866384" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
At least nine post boxes have been stolen in West Yorkshire, the Royal Mail have said.
The pole or wall-mounted boxes have been taken from several locations in and around Wakefield, including Crofton and Pontefract, since October.
Postal worker Sarah Moreton said the boxes were "just disappearing".
Auctioneer Gary Don said there was little collectors value for the boxes and that they were "almost certainly going for scrap".
A Royal Mail spokesman said: "We can confirm that a number of post boxes in the West Yorkshire area were stolen recently.
"We apologise to any customers who have been inconvenienced by these thefts."
West Yorkshire Police have been informed.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
West Yorkshire post boxes 'stolen for scrap'
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72738
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
West Yorkshire post boxes 'stolen for scrap'
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
houseoflords
- Posts: 352
- Joined: 06 Feb 2012, 22:25
- Gender: Male
Re: West Yorkshire post boxes 'stolen for scrap'
Last edited by TrueBlueTerrier on 08 Nov 2013, 17:08, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Racist comment removed
Reason: Racist comment removed
-
UnhappyGremlin
- Posts: 2685
- Joined: 18 May 2012, 20:49
- Gender: Male
- Location: Hiding
Re: West Yorkshire post boxes 'stolen for scrap'
If they're going for scrap, then I can only assume the Police have made scrap dealers aware that they shouldn't be buying them, and to report anyone trying to offload them.
And, there is considerable resale value in some post boxes, especially Victorian ones, they sell well in the U.S.A.
And, there is considerable resale value in some post boxes, especially Victorian ones, they sell well in the U.S.A.
Sometimes, I wish I wasn't a Rep.