ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Meltdown

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Chelseablue
Posts: 2227
Joined: 19 Aug 2013, 14:33
Gender: Female

Re: Meltdown

Post by Chelseablue »

Still don't know why this disastrous way of working came in ,? I remember bout 10 years ago all we got at wtl was the customers is number one ,which was right enough but now it's just profit profit profit regardless of mail going out or not .
5plusbonusball
Posts: 1136
Joined: 12 Jan 2012, 20:50
Gender: Male
Location: up north of watford

Re: Meltdown

Post by 5plusbonusball »

Why didn't I become that train driver? Hopefully when I grow up I will get a good job, even though I won't see 50 again! :Very Happy
Why are lino's paid full-time ??
redandblue
Posts: 104
Joined: 24 Jul 2013, 21:42
Gender: Male

Re: Meltdown

Post by redandblue »

Chelseablue wrote:Still don't know why this disastrous way of working came in ,? I remember bout 10 years ago all we got at wtl was the customers is number one ,which was right enough but now it's just profit profit profit regardless of mail going out or not .
CB i think you just answered your own question.
barbario
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 411
Joined: 31 Jul 2007, 11:28

Re: Meltdown

Post by barbario »

mailman71 wrote:In our office there I s going to be a meltdown before Xmas,there is not enough staff since the revision.
The tracked and parcels are going through the roof and don't get me started on d2d's,the staff are all hacked off with what's going on and even the less militant guys are ready for any industrial action is this happening all over.
Yes mate,it is .you can put it all down to bloody bad mamagement
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72767
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Meltdown

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Customers used to be both the senders and receivers. Then Mr Plural, the Mars bar salesman and pet food tester started mentioning Granny Smith, since then its been downhill.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
worktotime
Posts: 2866
Joined: 14 May 2010, 20:47
Gender: Male

Re: Meltdown

Post by worktotime »

no excess overtime paid in our office this week , that's my lot no more working over , work my contracted hours and that's it , come on lets get on the gate :arrrghhh
martin the green
Posts: 157
Joined: 20 Jan 2012, 16:20
Gender: Male

Re: Meltdown

Post by martin the green »

believe me just worry about what you do and forget about those who come in early and race around. if you work by the 318's :left: then management cannot do a thing just keep your rep informed and also keep a dairy, we all know that managers will not take a blind bit of notice without written evidence. write in what time racers go out ,how much was sorted before you started, did you/they weigh bags. the list is endless but if you do get grief then you have the proof. manager should have proof to back up your figures from when staff sign in/out ect. :cuppa
Wednesday
Posts: 143
Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 16:40
Gender: Male

Re: Meltdown

Post by Wednesday »

How many cows shall I get for my dairy?
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72767
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Meltdown

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Wednesday wrote:How many cows shall I get for my dairy?
http://www.progressivedairy.com/index.p ... &Itemid=72" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.