There is no agreement to go to 6 until 2011krussel wrote:We have been doing 5 for weeks now and been told to expect 6 over xmas pressure, no talk of waiting till janjockstrapp wrote:krussel wrote:They recon 6 lots at our place over xmas.
I thought 6 d2d did'nt kick in until January![]()
![]()
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
D2D's to be delivered during xmas period
-
Glenno
- Posts: 1491
- Joined: 05 Jun 2007, 13:12
Re: D2D's to be delivered during xmas period
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: D2D's to be delivered during xmas period
There is no agreement not to either.Glenno wrote: There is no agreement to go to 6 until 2011![]()
Specifics like the number of D2D were not mentioned in the agreement...only in the vague "guidelines" released after the agreement was voted in where it says they are "expected" to increase to 6 in Jan 2011.
Do you honestly think Royal Mail can afford to turn away business because of a guideline?
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
wolfie citizen smith
- Posts: 599
- Joined: 29 Oct 2007, 20:21
- Gender: Male
- Location: One of many who stands strong
Re: D2D's to be delivered during xmas period
bring them on I hope we get 5,6 or 7 lots of D2Ds and bring on the mailsort and normal mail and christmas cards and bring on the packets and bring on the fecking casuals who has to deliver the fecking lotJ Whiteside wrote:Confirmed in this months courier :mfo :lfo :cfo
"ever get the feeling you've been cheated" John Lydon
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32816
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Re: D2D's to be delivered during xmas period
How does it go,get the s**t,prep the s**t,deliver (try anyway) the s**t...........BELIAL wrote:
Not really a problem is it ? More prep time, more drop bags ,less walk completed. Course if you're running round like a headless chicken trying to make some time then I can understand your annoyance, but remember job and finish is long gone and RM abhors a vacuum
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
NEmallard
- Posts: 103
- Joined: 17 Aug 2010, 09:56
- Gender: Male
- Location: North East
Re: D2D's to be delivered during xmas period
Caniel wrote:What ticked me off in the Courier was the prat Jon Swatton from the walk bundling centre saying about how D2D is just as important as normal mail and how "I handle them on a daily basis and it annoys me when colleagues dismiss it as junkmail" No you just bundle them up and send them out to us you muppet, try setting them in every day and delivering the poxy things to people who don't want them. You'll be singing a different tune then you smug looking fool.
I agree - "Jon Swatton" - What a plank!
The courier is full of sh*te
working for Royal Mail, is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.......
-
BELIAL
- Posts: 6758
- Joined: 15 Jun 2007, 17:33
- Gender: Female
- Location: Nowhere
Re: D2D's to be delivered during xmas period
Almost the perfect illustration of how a profit driven business differs from a public service. Who else would consider a pizza promo door drop to be as important as a hospital appointment?
I can recall some anti strike propaganda video showing granny Smith and nephew Billy close to tears because of mail delayed by strike action ; maybe some enterprising individual could do a remake with the cause of delay being a double glazing leaflet.
I can recall some anti strike propaganda video showing granny Smith and nephew Billy close to tears because of mail delayed by strike action ; maybe some enterprising individual could do a remake with the cause of delay being a double glazing leaflet.
Bye
-
Judgee
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2262
- Joined: 23 Oct 2007, 15:18
Re: D2D's to be delivered during xmas period
I think D2Ds are fantastic. I come home from a hard days graft out in te cold, make myself a nice cuppa, sit down in front of the tv and throw another wad of D2Ds on in the wood burner... ya just can't beat it!
Big thanks to RM for keeping me warm for freeee!
Big thanks to RM for keeping me warm for freeee!
Union what Union? Do we have a union?
-
zak3003
- Posts: 3
- Joined: 03 Nov 2013, 19:34
- Gender: Male
Re: D2D's to be delivered during xmas period
Caniel wrote:What ticked me off in the Courier was the prat Jon Swatton from the walk bundling centre saying about how D2D is just as important as normal mail and how "I handle them on a daily basis and it annoys me when colleagues dismiss it as junkmail" No you just bundle them up and send them out to us you muppet, try setting them in every day and delivering the poxy things to people who don't want them. You'll be singing a different tune then you smug looking fool.
Strongly suggest you visit a WBC and find out exactly what we do, you would also find out that while I may be a prat (and probably worse) I am certainly not smug, just a realist
I actually do sympathise with the posties who have to handle door to door mail in its current format but the sooner you realise that its what keeps you in full time employment the better
-
Pinky 1
- Posts: 1510
- Joined: 01 Mar 2009, 11:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: Wales
Re: D2D's to be delivered during xmas period
So zak3003, you're telling us you are Jon Swatton ........ great persec ..... and you're replying to a comment that's nearly three years old ?zak3003 wrote:Caniel wrote:What ticked me off in the Courier was the prat Jon Swatton from the walk bundling centre saying about how D2D is just as important as normal mail and how "I handle them on a daily basis and it annoys me when colleagues dismiss it as junkmail" No you just bundle them up and send them out to us you muppet, try setting them in every day and delivering the poxy things to people who don't want them. You'll be singing a different tune then you smug looking fool.
Just goes to show what you know then missy, if that's what you think!!!
Strongly suggest you visit a WBC and find out exactly what we do, you would also find out that while I may be a prat (and probably worse) I am certainly not smug, just a realist
I actually do sympathise with the posties who have to handle door to door mail in its current format but the sooner you realise that its what keeps you in full time employment the better
That's a great first post
Welcome to RMC.
"Cara yn bod 'n briod , dydy 'n fawr at ca a hun 'n anad berson a 'ch angen at blina achos 'r bwyso chan 'ch buchedd "
" I like being married,, it's great to find that one special person you want to bother for the rest of your life "
" I like being married,, it's great to find that one special person you want to bother for the rest of your life "
-
DB1100
- Posts: 1976
- Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30
Re: D2D's to be delivered during xmas period
Strongly suggest you do a month on delivery jon swatton or whoever you are ,then you can see how the customers appreciate your door to door junk.
For we were soldiers once,and young
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16729
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Re: D2D's to be delivered during xmas period
The customers don't appreciate TV license reminders (more so when they don't have a TV), they don't appreciate bills or council tax communications.DB1100 wrote:Strongly suggest you do a month on delivery jon swatton or whoever you are ,then you can see how the customers appreciate your door to door junk.
They don't appreciate being cited for jury duty or reminders about dental appointments.
They certainly don't appreciate the parking tickets/speeding fines.
In fact if I only delivered stuff customers "appreciated" then I probably would only do one bag a day.
I'd only need to work about 2 hours a day. Wouldn't that be brilliant?
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
BernardBresslaw
- Posts: 381
- Joined: 24 Nov 2011, 15:52
- Gender: Male
Re: D2D's to be delivered during xmas period
I don't see why people are *still* complaining about D2Ds. The more time I spend in the office prepping them, the better, especially as things get busier (and colder!) Whatever means I spend less time marching the streets, the better.
-
DB1100
- Posts: 1976
- Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30
Re: D2D's to be delivered during xmas period
There you go once again mouthing off and missing my point,all the other stuff is addressed mail ,d2d is not addressed and not even very well targeted so stuff like double glazing adverts in an area that is mostly student flats and bed sits isn't going to get many customers is it?,likewise domino pizza's at £12 + a time isn't much use to a lot of old people is so calm down,have a beer or joint and stop getting excited,are you like this with your wife or civil partner?clashcityrocker wrote:The customers don't appreciate TV license reminders (more so when they don't have a TV), they don't appreciate bills or council tax communications.DB1100 wrote:Strongly suggest you do a month on delivery jon swatton or whoever you are ,then you can see how the customers appreciate your door to door junk.
They don't appreciate being cited for jury duty or reminders about dental appointments.
They certainly don't appreciate the parking tickets/speeding fines.
In fact if I only delivered stuff customers "appreciated" then I probably would only do one bag a day.
I'd only need to work about 2 hours a day. Wouldn't that be brilliant?
For we were soldiers once,and young
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: D2D's to be delivered during xmas period
Do you know what that means Pinky?Pinky 1 wrote:So zak3003, you're telling us you are Jon Swatton ........ great persec ..... and you're replying to a comment that's nearly three years old ?
That's a great first post![]()
Welcome to RMC.
He's committed the ultimate internet narcissistic sin.
He's only gone and typed his own name into Google.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: D2D's to be delivered during xmas period
I thought everyone Google themselvesfishtank wrote:Do you know what that means Pinky?Pinky 1 wrote:So zak3003, you're telling us you are Jon Swatton ........ great persec ..... and you're replying to a comment that's nearly three years old ?
That's a great first post![]()
Welcome to RMC.
He's committed the ultimate internet narcissistic sin.
He's only gone and typed his own name into Google.![]()
![]()
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio