Mike1 wrote:
I see you edited my last post regarding fishtank...I guess you are mates. I have only tried to give helpful info to the OP on this thread.
I edited your post because you used an abusive term and aimed it at him directly - thats against the rules. which I pointed out in the warning you would have received.
rules what we wrote:Please do not in any circumstances resort to name calling or behaviour that could be deemed as bullying or harassment.
rules what we wrote:If someone has a different position to you please respect their right to have differing views, and enjoy yourself when picking holes in their position in a constructive way. We would much rather have a long winded well thought out argument, picking out weak points in someone's position, than have a thread full of 1 line insults.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts. Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility. If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Mike1 wrote:
I see you edited my last post regarding fishtank...I guess you are mates. I have only tried to give helpful info to the OP on this thread.
I edited your post because you used an abusive term and aimed it at him directly - thats against the rules. which I pointed out in the warning you would have received.
rules what we wrote:Please do not in any circumstances resort to name calling or behaviour that could be deemed as bullying or harassment.
rules what we wrote:If someone has a different position to you please respect their right to have differing views, and enjoy yourself when picking holes in their position in a constructive way. We would much rather have a long winded well thought out argument, picking out weak points in someone's position, than have a thread full of 1 line insults.
So it's ok for him to be a passive aggressive bully when it comes to anyone that doesn't share his views on the strike. I'm not surprised this place attracts so many moaners.
Being Passive aggressive in his posting style - Yes its allowed - because by definition its non specific - as long as people don't use abusive terms or swear words in an abusive manner any debating style is allowed.
Passive-aggressive behavior is the indirect expression of hostility, such as through procrastination, hostile jokes, stubbornness, resentment, sullenness.
I am amazed though that you are defending calling someone a c**t by trying to deflect attention from that to the slightly barbed question that you responded to.
What went wrong or did you just fancy the uniform?
I hope I never spill your pint.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts. Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility. If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
As already mentioned the job can differ from office to office in terms of the influence a manager has on job satisfaction. However, I am one of the lucky ones that very rarely gets to see a manager as I work in the rurals. The job is physical there is no getting away from that, but time goes really quick and if you are an outdoors type of person you will love the job, as well as the interaction with Joe Public which in my experience is pretty positive.
I was only going to do the job for six months or so before I embarked on another career path, that was 6 years ago and can't see myself leaving unless things deteriorate (which is a possibilty in this transitional period).
So go in with an open mind and make your own judgement, whats the worse that could happen (rhetorical question, no answer required!)